Replacing factory LT turn signals with LED Bulbs on 2017

So I was looking to replace my factory incandescent turn signal bulbs to led amber bulbs to make it brighter. However after buying the bulb that they have a direct replacement I encountered hyper flash and a faliure notice on the information display. On my older truck after replacing any bulbs to led all I had to do was add a resistor however after removing the front turn signal bulb on the 2017 Silverado I realized that it has no cables on the turn signal to add the resistor to, it's only a tab that you rotate to remove the bulb and has metal on it that I assume works the way the old wiring did. Has anyone replaced their bulbs with LEDs on 2016 or 2017 silverados that can help me out?

Im also interested, kind of off topic but I was told at the dealership that if I wanted the oem LED tails it would not be plug and play and that it would need ECU flashed ...gotta love new tech.

Gotta love the techs at the dealer. I swear they have ZERO knowledge. Their mentality is if its not sold at the dealer, it won't fit or work.

Purchase this harness and the 2016 LTZ tails and you're in business. There is no flashing required. Lol.

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/P-P-Harness13/LED-Taillight-Harness9/

Gotta love the techs at the dealer. I swear they have ZERO knowledge. Their mentality is if its not sold at the dealer, it won't fit or work.

Purchase this harness and the 2016 LTZ tails and you're in business. There is no flashing required. Lol.

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/P-P-Harness13/LED-Taillight-Harness9/

Its not that they have ZERO knowledge nor the tech's fault, its that GM itself does not support the swapping. GM says it can't be done. That is what the aftermarket world is for. Not everyone knows to look stuff up like the gen5diy harness stuff, nor does everyone have time to armchair technician and say they are smarter than the guys at the dealer.

Edited by 15HDriver

It's not just the swapping and using aftermarket parts. When the service adviser calls me and tells me that the seat trim from a 16 will not fit a 14/15, when there are posts and pictures that it is the same and clearly will.... Went through that for my seat belt recall. 16/17 have the rubber cut differently, that's all.

I've seen a lot of posts lately where guys want to swap in tow mirrors and they have been told they won't fit or work.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help with getting ECM flashed for LED turn signals? Every dealership I call says they won't touch the ECM and that I'm a crazy person for even asking, but some people on here say that the dealership has offered to do it for them.

Does anyone have any experience where a dealership performed it successfully on a 2014-2017 Silverado? I would gladly shell out $150 for a dealership to do it safely.

I refuse to install a resistor! The whole point in a led bulb is to reduce the electrical load on the battery so I can install more electrical toys...

Please help!

On 4/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, wforrest08 said:

That's an awesome service but it says "NOT AVAILABLE".

Edited by Skov18
spelling

I’m guessing it says not available because you have to send them your BCM (or a donor?) to program it. I think there’s a thread on here somewhere about how to start/drive the truck without it if you don’t have a spare vehicle while it’s down. I’d contact White Automotive direct and talk to them directly using the contact us page on the site make sure you read the business hours as they aren’t typical.

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody help me find the part # for the head light wire harness? I've spent the last hour searching with no luck... It's #6 in the schematic below.

b2e684b923b64b267e6b7bf5afc6b492.png

Edited by DEV1ST8R