UPR Catch Can Plug N Play with CSS Installed

Installed my catch can today and wanted to post a semi install thread as well as my impressions on this kit since I haven't seen anything about this can yet. I purchased the UPR dual valve Catch Can with clean side separator mainly because I have always had great luck with UPR products in the past and I absolutely love the braided hose with oem style quick connect fittings. Pricing is on par with Elite, this kit ran me $400 shipped to my door including the clean side separator.

First off, I did have a slight issue with the kit (missing hose) but UPR made it right and shipped the missing hose the day I called and had it to me in a day. Install was a breeze, everything fit perfectly with absolutely no issues. This is a seriously high quality kit - everything from the machining on the bracket, finish on the can itself, and the high quality hose and fittings is top notch. All hoses are assembled with push connect fittings and oem fittings, no hose clamps, and are already assembled to the correct length. Check valves are included, I chose to upgrade to the pro series check valves only because they were out of stock of the regular ones and I didn't want to wait. The can also has a ball valve on the bottom for easy draining.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but bottom line is if you have a stock intake this kit is as good as it gets. I did speak to the UPR guys about going to an aftermarket intake later on and they said they can supply the hose and oem fittings to adapt to whatever intake I chose so the kit would still match.

Install pics:

AF4B201A-5055-4131-AB7D-CBAA6D214A1D_zps

958142F3-72EE-4FA6-9A57-A46720BB9DA3_zps

D16A958B-B52F-4473-B0D9-C2B25C97C227_zps

A6012014-0A81-4B19-91FF-456698F8096A_zps

AA0EEB66-DB32-456B-A60A-638B8B508764_zps

EE215B1E-8272-4DE1-9761-FA0FAA265E77_zps

401FD609-5719-4C7B-946C-A40990552256_zps

FC2E1FEC-36D8-4742-B301-D489E83B41B3_zps

Very very expensive. I come from Ram 1500's with Hemi's and catch cans for those trucks ran roughly $100.

Looks real good though I have to admit. What is the can mounted to? Something near the brake booster?

Very very expensive. I come from Ram 1500's with Hemi's and catch cans for those trucks ran roughly $100.

Looks real good though I have to admit. What is the can mounted to? Something near the brake booster?

It's mounted to an aluminum bracket that bolts to the brake master/booster stud. 90 degree bracket.

Sure, $400 is expensive for a catch can but it's comparable in price to the Elite which everyone seems to run. By the time you buy the top end Elite and upgrade to braided hose it's the same price. This one comes with the factory style quick connect fittings which in my opinion make it a bit nicer. I'm a sucker for a clean setup and since I'm running the factory intake it just seemed like the best choice. UPR makes great stuff. Ran their suspension components on my fox bodies back in my drag racing days.

• Like 1

It's mounted to an aluminum bracket that bolts to the brake master/booster stud. 90 degree bracket.

Sure, $400 is expensive for a catch can but it's comparable in price to the Elite which everyone seems to run. By the time you buy the top end Elite and upgrade to braided hose it's the same price. This one comes with the factory style quick connect fittings which in my opinion make it a bit nicer. I'm a sucker for a clean setup and since I'm running the factory intake it just seemed like the best choice. UPR makes great stuff. Ran their suspension components on my fox bodies back in my drag racing days.

I love the setup and clean look. And you are right having the braided hoses and quick connect ends is super nice. Do you have a link to that whole kit? What is the capacity on that can? Did you connect a hose to the bottom of the can to drain?

Edited by AllTerrainX

Also the side separator replaces the oil fill cap? Thats neat, never seen that before. What advantage is there to that? I am new to catch cans and looking for something for my new truck :)

I did not connect a hose to the drain yet. Seems there's plenty of room to get a bottle or pan to drain into so I really didn't think about it yet. The valve has npt threading so a simple pipe nipple and rubber hose could be added. The can is 12 oz capacity according to UPR.

Here's the link to the kit I purchased. They also have the same kit without the clean side separator, $100 cheaper I think. http://m.uprproducts.com/chevrolet-gm-billet-oil-catch-can-dual-valve-css-silverado-53-14.html

The clean side separator isn't super necessary, Elite has one as well, and is mainly to catch the little bit of oil mist that is returned with no manifold vacuum (wot). Basically if you run the truck hard it may be worth it but really I figured why not. Adds a little dress up to the engine bay and matches the whole kit and can.

Only for the 5.3? I followed the link and did see anything for the 6.2

I think it's 5.3 only. Not sure what the difference is but I'm sure it's just hose length/routing. I'm sure they could get you setup with something to work if you called or emailed.

I think it's 5.3 only. Not sure what the difference is but I'm sure it's just hose length/routing. I'm sure they could get you setup with something to work if you called or emailed.

Kinda figured that.... loving the kit looks good

Kinda figured that.... loving the kit looks good

This is Joe the owner of UPRproducts and our kits are available for both the 5.3L and the 6.2L trucks. I have just been waiting until now to become a vendor since we have finished the final components to make all the Introduce the NEW Plug n Play™ UPR Catch Can Systems. Our goal was to offer the most comprehensive OEM style loaded catch can system, with braided lines and Plug n Play™ fittings. Feel free to me for any questions.

Joe M. - UPRproducts.com

• Like 1

After much searching online for a nice catch can set up, I went wth this one. I bought this kit for my 2016 5.3 back in early November only in black. This kit is definitely top notch, looks great under the hood, and it just doesn't get any easier to install. The factory fittings on the hoses really make this kit look top notch professional. UPR has great customer service, they respond quickly, and will help you with any problems or concerns you may have. This kit has been functioning great since I put it on, and has caught a lot of oil already that I don't want going back into my intake. I definitely recommend this catch can set up to anyone thinking of purchasing a catch can. I would buy. This kit again. Money well spent.

• Like 2

Only for the 5.3? I followed the link and did see anything for the 6.2

I will have the part number listed tomorrow for the 6.2L kits as the difference between the 5.3L and the 6.2L trucks is the location of the clean line. The 5.3L has the clean line connection at the rear of the driver side valve cover and on the 6.2L the clean line connection is located just above the throttle body. I'm offering an introductory special through GM-Trucks forum only. PM me for details.

Happ New Year, Joe

I will have the part number listed tomorrow for the 6.2L kits as the difference between the 5.3L and the 6.2L trucks is the location of the clean line. The 5.3L has the clean line connection at the rear of the driver side valve cover and on the 6.2L the clean line connection is located just above the throttle body. I'm offering an introductory special through GM-Trucks forum only. PM me for details.

Happ New Year, Joe

Joe, awesome news for the 6.2 guys and anyone who wants one of these awesome kits. Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

Happ New Year, Joe

Joe any special pricing for the 5.3L kit?