Adding keypad keyless entry?

I've been on vacation for the past few weeks traveling with my dog and something I'd really like to have on my truck even before this trip is a keypad for keyless entry. Yes I have a fob remote and the OnStar/GMC app but it would be so nice to be able to not worry about locking my keys/remote in the truck and phone especially with my dog in the southern heat by accident. So has anyone attempted to add a keypad on there 2014+ truck and if so will it interfere with the alarm or fob or phn apps?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking you'd have to trade that GM for a Ford to make that happen. I do think it's an awesome feature though wish our trucks had it. I also wish we had keyless start and buttons on the door handles so I didn't have to ever touch the FOB, our 27k Malibu has those two features and it's super nice, I think my 48k Silverado should have 'em as well.

I had my preferred dealer contact GM to see if the keypad entry offered on the Arcadia would work on my 17 Sierra and they got back to me saying it would not.

This is a wonderful tool and feature on a vehicle and just as soon as I can get it installed on my Sierra it will be there.

Edit to add:

Before a smart-arse rolls in saying it is not offered, etc. etc. etc.

Well here it is: http://www.gmc.com/suvs/acadia-mid-size-suv/accessories.html

For the 2017's they released a keypad that just sticks to the door near the door handle. I spoke to my dealer about this and as far as he could tell at this time it was only available for the 17's as there is programming required. I did ask if I could be the test dummy to see if it would work on other series but he was unsure if they would be willing to take that risk. The part number from GM is 23473339 and is shown in the accessories catalog for the 2017.

So will it work for a 2017 Silverado or only Colorado/Canyons? I have a 2017 and if its only around $100 and works I'd buy it.

Edit: I just checked Chevys website and it says its compatible. I might check and see what this will cost me.

Okay for the folks that have 2017 GMCs' or Silverados' that wants this feature your GM part number is: 23473339

Part number is confirmed by two different dealerships for compatibility.

I can't see why it wouldn't be adaptable to older vehicles, it's a transmitter and a receiver with 2 outputs. Give me 5 minutes and I'll figure it out.

Archived