2015 New to me Duramax recommended maintaince

I agree with that .... after a years free LOF's on my 2007.5 I could see the dealership never touched some of the zerks if any. There are (11) zerks on these things and tough to get at some of them without a lift. I always did my own service after the freebees - but that was the tough part. Fuel filters very easy to do if you remove the wheel well liner each time - these access panels make it easier yet:

http://stores.ebay.com/GOOD-OL-BEARs-TRADING-POST/DURAMAX-CHEVY-GMC-TRUCKS-/_i.html?_fsub=11&_sid=5931062&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Thanks for the link! I didn't want to remove my mud flaps every time a fuel filter needs to be changed.

Problem solved.

• 2 months later...

My 2 cents is buy genuine AC fuel filters and change them between 12-15K miles. Do not go by what filter life says on your truck. May prevent future issues with injectors. I recall they were less expensive on Ebay than local I when buying them for my 2011 LML.

My 2 cents is buy genuine AC fuel filters and change them between 12-15K miles. Do not go by what filter life says on your truck. May prevent future issues with injectors. I recall they were less expensive on Ebay than local I when buying them for my 2011 LML.

hi Lgetz

thanks mate - my truck was converted to LH drive and I get that company to do maintenance for me = they recommend changing the oil and filter every 10,000 kms {6200 miles} (or earlier if it comes up on the DIC) - and yeah they use AC delco filters

regards from Oz

Check your grease fittings on the front end! May need a little love. I picked up a 2015 with 30k a few months back and just checked my grease fittings yesterday. Doesn't look like they have ever been touched.

I agree with this. Most have never been greased from the factory or from the dealer. There are 9 or 11 fittings up front. I don't recall which.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. Most have never been greased from the factory or from the dealer. There are 9 or 11 fittings up front. I don't recall which.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of nine, where are the other two?

Four ball joints.

Two rod ends.

One pitman arm.

One bellcrank.

One bellcrank arm.

Where are the other two?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived