Resonator Delete when having a Flowmaster installed? Please help!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone have a diagram of the stock exhaust? i.e. where the res, muffler, flapper, 3rd cat is located in a pictoral graph? thanks!!

I don't have a diagram but all the cats are located on the y pipe coming from the manifolds. The 3rd cat is just before the flexible coupling. Next is the muffler, exhaust valve then the resonator is over the rear axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the size of the OEM pipes for 5.3L? I want to add a muffler as well as deleting resonator but want to make sure I order the right size. 2.5" or 3"? Center in/out?

It just snowed again back to back days so I can't climb under and measure

I don't have a diagram but all the cats are located on the y pipe coming from the manifolds. The 3rd cat is just before the flexible coupling. Next is the muffler, exhaust valve then the resonator is over the rear axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reason i ask is this: Would it be possible to do a straight pipe AFTER the flapper and hear a noticable difference? I don't want to deal with the weird sound when it switches over to V4 mode (which usually happens with the exhausts that delete the flapper), and i figured keeping the flapper in place would prevent this.

Thoughts?

Does anyone know the size of the OEM pipes for 5.3L? I want to add a muffler as well as deleting resonator but want to make sure I order the right size. 2.5" or 3"? Center in/out?

It just snowed again back to back days so I can't climb under and measure

I got a 3" flowmaster worked perfect stock is 2.75"

Dont go with center i think off set center is what you need. I did center in and out the muffler shop wasn't to pleased but they made it fit pretty nice.

I got a 3" flowmaster worked perfect stock is 2.75"

Dont go with center i think off set center is what you need. I did center in and out the muffler shop wasn't to pleased but they made it fit pretty nice.

Cool thanks for the reply

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

no problem if you would like i can double check on the fitment. (I got a nice 17 chevy 1500 loaner) i miss my 16 though..

If its as simple as looking at your invoice or aomething sure. If u gotta crawl under the truck no dont worry about it .

I think i finally found a diagram though so this is a HUGE help if so

71ebc4069cb09a8232272f9b2520b2e4.jpg

If its as simple as looking at your invoice or aomething sure. If u gotta crawl under the truck no dont worry about it .

I think i finally found a diagram though so this is a HUGE help if so

71ebc4069cb09a8232272f9b2520b2e4.jpg

Its all good i am only 23 haha, nice Texas weather, the 2wd has as much ground clearance as my Z71. Cant wait to pick my 16 up though i miss the flowmaster making music.

3972E803-8F76-4C92-AE0D-FF79D4B041E1_zps

The top is my driveline so gonna put the muffler inlet towards it.

I actually found a dry spot in the garage at work, it had sand/dirt all over but oh well thats what the washer is for.

Anyways I managed to get my old self (29) under there with a flashlight just recorded a video. Didnt get actual pipe measurement though

Offset in

a50414a98af90d43ecc76822e2b50b39.jpg

Center out

c97a4c3133ac1be7ea0944fae030be04.jpg

Is this resonator? Or is this still muffler? I dont know exhaust lol

Edit: NVM i zoomed and see it says adaptive valve

48db25dc861d0a654657ec42782ce221.jpg

I actually found a dry spot in the garage at work, it had sand/dirt all over but oh well thats what the washer is for.

Anyways I managed to get my old self (29) under there with a flashlight just recorded a video. Didnt get actual pipe measurement though

Offset in a50414a98af90d43ecc76822e2b50b39.jpg

Center outc97a4c3133ac1be7ea0944fae030be04.jpg

Is this resonator? Or is this still muffler? I dont know exhaust lol

Edit: NVM i zoomed and see it says adaptive valve48db25dc861d0a654657ec42782ce221.jpg

You should be able to see your resonator if you go to the right rear tire and right over the axle you find yourself your resonator.

Archived