Resonator Delete when having a Flowmaster installed? Please help!

$600 ... whatd u have done

right.... i mean i dont expect to pay over 200... i'm buying my own muffler.. just having my shop cut and weld ..

I think it is because he has all Stainless piping. Most shops won't put in stainless, they will use Aluminized steel. Much cheaper.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is because he has all Stainless piping. Most shops won't put in stainless, they will use Aluminized steel. Much cheaper.

aww. .makes sense.. ...good call silver..

How do you think aluminized steel will work in the areas where we get snow and salt. Curious, about longevity of the aluminized steel.Also, whats diff between flowmaster 40 and super 44?

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/street-mufflers/ ---- This explains the differences in mufflers

With salt and snow, I predict it will probably last 2-3 years max before it starts leaking at least. Probably 4-5 before you start seeing pretty good rust holes. Obviously it depends on how often you wash the salt off, where the truck is stored, etc. You get what you pay for, with that said, I plan on going the cheap route.

UGGGGH. Thanks for the feedback. Pain in the a** after a couple of years. Wonder how much more it would be to have shop run stainless as opposed to aluminum. Winters up here are tough on vehicles and I plan on keeping vehicle for a while

Understood. If you wanted to still be cheaper, and I have thought about this, is buying the MBRP side exhaust exhaust, and replacing the MBRP muffler with the one I want. Of course the muffler size would have to be the same size or close to it, but this would get you a stainless steel system for cheaper that say if you were to buy a complete Borla set up. I could be totally wrong about going this route, as I have not researched it a lot, but it works in my head haha

Gents , what I had done was a complete ....... Well .... from the third cat back , single in dual out with real nice tips . It was all Stainless , the warranty is for 5 years !

I'm sure it will last that long for me . Its not the first custom exhaust I've had done on a car .

My Truck is a garage Queen as I'm lucky enough to have a company car to drive daily .

If anyone is thinking about ordering a muffler (or anything else) .. autozone is 20% off 100 ship to home

Code: REVUP20

About to get a flowmaster stainless 20% off.

We use sand instead salt up here though

If anyone is thinking about ordering a muffler (or anything else) .. autozone is 20% off 100 ship to home

Code: REVUP20

About to get a flowmaster stainless 20% off.

We use sand instead salt up here though

To piggy back off of this, advanceautoparts has 30% off $75 and 40% off $100 ... just create an acct sign up for the speedy perks use the code at checkout

30% - TRT30

40% - TRT41

Every site i go to, it tells me this flowmaster muffler doesnt fit my truck ...

Part #853046

Is 3" off/center

Its a universal part, as long as the meausements are correct (length, width, and height) no issues expect for adding pipe (if need be)

I had no idea they made muffler and back kits ... $200 no bad

i want to find a dual tip (that i like) ... most are only 2.25 or 2.5 inlet though. I just want to add on to the existing piping

I had no idea they made muffler and back kits ... $200 no bad

i want to find a dual tip (that i like) ... most are only 2.25 or 2.5 inlet though. I just want to add on to the existing piping

Well they do offer that same kit without tips too for a little bit less money. Why not just get a stock OEM tip? I know I'll be getting rid of mine when I decide to pull the trigger for this kit. I know you said you want a dual tip but the OEM is a nice one to just add on

Archived