GM Outsells Ford In Pickup Trucks In 2016 - Not Even Close

Gorehamj

I think GM laughs all the way to the bank so it doesn't even really matter.

GM makes more profit from the Sierra/Canyon so I doubt they even care. :) It's all about marketing.

It's nice to see a healthy market and enjoy it well it lasts, but the governments have it out for pickup trucks and emissions are going to kill the party again :(

It's nice to see a healthy market and enjoy it well it lasts, but the governments have it out for pickup trucks and emissions are going to kill the party again :(

This is one of the top reasons I went with GM over Ford. It was damn near impossible to find a 5.0 in the F150 with the package I wanted. They all had the damn turbo's. If I wanted a turbo in a truck I would get a DMAX. I know it's only a matter of time before GM starts using the V6 Turbo's, but I will continue to enjoy the V8 while I can.

Those interested in vans, cut-aways, low cab forward, medium and heavy duty truck sales should note the new posting with the full report on those categories. None of the automakers include these vehicle types in with their pickup truck sales data. It is reported separately (and the segments do not align perfectly from brand to brand).

You should add in sales of GM's full Size K2Y SUV's too then. Because they absolutely trounce the ford duo in sales...

Also, arguing semantics over single nameplate, the difference is 24,243 trucks. Deck chairs off the titanic at this level... 24,243 is 2.95% of the 820k ford sold.

This is one of the top reasons I went with GM over Ford. It was damn near impossible to find a 5.0 in the F150 with the package I wanted. They all had the damn turbo's. If I wanted a turbo in a truck I would get a DMAX. I know it's only a matter of time before GM starts using the V6 Turbo's, but I will continue to enjoy the V8 while I can.

Hopefully President Trump will reign in the corrupt EPA and the V8 will live a while longer. Turbos on gas engines are a maintenance PITA.

Lumping full size, small size and HD trucks together is nothing new for any truck building company. Just because there hasn't been a smaller truck segment worth comparing for a few years doesn't mean it shouldn't be done again. A truck is a truck (and no, SUTs are not trucks IMHO... Sorry Honda.)

I am not sure if people are aware, but the new Colorado/Canyon are about the same size truck as what trucks were back in the 60's and 70's Trucks have grown and grown in size.

I would like to see another generation Trailblazer, Envoy, Rainier etc. Not holding my breath on that tho.

That is a lot of sales..

must include canada etc?

My dad dove in this year too, his last truck was a 390 3/4 ton ford with a four speed. I'll let gurus guess the year and century. :)

This is great for used truck hunters like me.

I have been driving my dad's around. Nice truck.

I don't consider myself a guru but I bought new in 1975 a Ford F-250 with a 390. It had a Holley 4 barrel carb and a 4 speed manual. It was a decent truck but crappy gearing. I hauled a little 8 ft slide in camper and on a steep grade, I had to bang her down to third gear. I did not have a tachometer and at 45 mph in third it sounded like it was getting ready to scatter so that is all I could do. I could keep ahead of Volkswagen buses and that was about it.

Total weight of that truck and camper was around 6000 pounds. Total weight of my 16 Silverado and double slide Arctic Fox camper is around 15500 pounds. The same grade I roared up at 45 mph in the old Ford rig, my new rig would easily do 70 mph. When people tell me they don't make things like they used too, I like to say " Thank Heavens "

Hopefully President Trump will reign in the corrupt EPA and the V8 will live a while longer. Turbos on gas engines are a maintenance PITA.

Are they really???

Ford calls all their trucks F450 F550 F650 , vans are also called F series. I really can't tell the deference between a 2010 or a 2017 ford truck, they all look the same,other then the rust on the older ones.

Archived