2016 Silverado rear ended after 4 months!

Was coming home and my truck was rear ended by someone too close. Andddd they fled the scene.

hT3wcpp.jpg

VDFHqNX.jpg

Have only had it a little over 4 months. I'm beyond pissed, but not about the bumper.

After the hit, I noticed that my drive train feels different. The truck used to glide doing 65 with the cruise, now I can hear and feel something in the cab. It's like the transmission is having difficulty transferring the power and keeping up with the 5.3.

Also, there is a whine coming from under the truck around the fuel tank. It's constant, and getting louder.

Also, the transmission likes to clunk when shifting from park to reverse, drive, and upshifting as well now.

Any ideas?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look like a hard enough hit to damage anything drivetrain wise but i could be wrong.

Check the trans mount, and take the dealer on drive to show them the problems.

If they caused powertrain damage with only that little bit of bumper damage... worlds strongest bumper. I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if you can reset the computer. The impact may have thrown the trans computer off. Give it a visual underneath also...

Sorry for you guy's troubles. I always leave my hitch connected to the receiver and notice people keep their distance. Good luck with getting your trucks fixed.

Well poop, now I can't figure out how to post a photo. But on 12/2 I also got rear ended. Rear bumper needs to be replaced but no difference in drivability. Still vibrates the same as always :o/

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Truck has 1800 miles on it :( very disappointed as I was very careful with it.

Truck rides mint, no vibration issues. Just the constant up shifting and downshifting when the cruise it set has never occurred before. And the whining coming from around the fuel tank. My dad's 15 does not have this sound. Gonna go back to the dealer and make sure they notice it.

Bumper was pushed in and down s little, and came super close to hitting the body of the bed. I lucked out there.

Once again, thanks guys!

Was coming home and my truck was rear ended by someone too close. Andddd they fled the scene.

Have only had it a little over 4 months. I'm beyond pissed, but not about the bumper.

After the hit, I noticed that my drive train feels different. The truck used to glide doing 65 with the cruise, now I can hear and feel something in the cab. It's like the transmission is having difficulty transferring the power and keeping up with the 5.3.

Also, there is a whine coming from under the truck around the fuel tank. It's constant, and getting louder.

Also, the transmission likes to clunk when shifting from park to reverse, drive, and upshifting as well now.

Any ideas?

I totally empathize with your concerns! I had a person back into my truck's front bumper a few days after purchase. No visible damage but my mind went wild with possible mechanical and unseen damage! I knew it was all in my mind but it was upsetting. It is all forgotten now (a year later) and my truck runs perfectly!

Archived