Sign in to follow this  
RHStansbury

RHStansbury's 2017 LTZ Z71 Silverado Build Thread

Took delivery of my 2017 CCSB LTZ Z71 on 1/6/17 after a couple of days of calls/emails with the internet sales manager at a local dealer. 7 miles on the clock when I arrived for my test drive, 15 when I returned it, and 18 when I took delivery 4 hours later.

Plans are relatively tame at this point. First up will be tint, followed shortly by a level (currently debating between 2 and 2.5, also between 275/60r20 or 275/65r20 BFG AT KO2s). From there I'll probably keep it pretty low key for a while. Down the road exhaust and a remote light bar behind the grill might come in to the equation.

Obligatory dealer shot

• Like 1

welcome - looks good

• Like 1

Figured I'd go ahead and knock out the tint while I figure out level and tire options. 20% front to match the rear.

BEFORE:

Before tint

AFTER:

After tint

• Like 1

Figured I'd go ahead and knock out the tint while I figure out level and tire options. 20% front to match the rear.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

looks better with tint. So you be at the Tire shop next week ???? keep us posted

looks better with tint. So you be at the Tire shop next week ???? keep us posted

We'll see! I need to do some more research on kits, tires, etc. I thought I was sold on a rough country 2.5 and 275/65/r20's but now I'm trying to determine if that's a touch too big for day to day driving and if I should just roll with a 2 inch and 33s.

Also, the most well known shop in town quoted me $2300 out the door for the level, install, tires, and an alignment. I feel like that's way too high.

my truck is 2.5 " level ,still with stock tires 265/65/18 . when they wear out 275 or 285 . Check your local dealership / tire shop for new take off . also car show / swap meets will start poping up ( warm weather ) trade your tires / rims in on new ones ??

my truck is 2.5 " level ,still with stock tires 265/65/18 . when they wear out 275 or 285 . Check your local dealership / tire shop for new take off . also car show / swap meets will start poping up ( warm weather ) trade your tires / rims in on new ones ??

I like the rims I have, just need to figure out sizing for the rest. As I've gotten older, I realize that I like to make my vehicles just slightly different than stock. Enough of a change that someone who knows what they're looking at appreciates the differences, but someone who is not a truck person is none the wiser. For this truck, that means stock rims, minimal lift, and very few small changes.

33" look great with a level in my opinion.

I like 34" too, but I think the truck needs a tad more than a level to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Todd2016LT
      So the other day I tried to get to a parking spot and had to go over a snow pile to get to a parking spot and thought I had the ground clearance but the stupid plastic skirt under the front bumper got caught and got pulled off. So now I'm thinking do I replace it, leave it as is, or do an upgrade. I'm not thinking about a full bumper replacement but something like a skid plate or maybe a winch mount? Let me know if you have any ideas and pictures and prices would be great if you have done one yourself. First two pictures are of my truck, next are some ideas I'm thinking of
    • By josh312
      Alright so I have this idea and I don't know if its possible or not. Camaro's have an option where you can have illuminated door panels, I would like to do something similar in 2017 silverado. I have already added interior door piping that matches the exterior color of the truck. I would like to take that same concept but use EL wire instead of the silver piping to create illuminated door panels. I dont want to do too much but I think it would add a little more to the interior and be different. 

My thoughts are to get some EL wire with the welting attached to it and place it where the current piping is. But the part I am on the fence about would be what to wire it to. These doors have the lights in the handles that dim with the main dimmer for all of the dash. I was wondering if it could be wired into the circuit that way it would be the same brightness as all the other illumination on the dash. But if you have ever messed with EL wire before, it runs of AC current. You need a 12v driver for them to operate off of a 12v system.

Would it be better to run 1 inverter that would power all 4 doors and then have to run the wire through the whole cab or purchase 4 smaller inverters and place them in behind the door panels. If I was to only use 1 inverter I could possibly connect it to the main dimmer switch instead of the doors circuit. But these lights should not pull alot of current so I'm unsure which would be the best way.

In these picture on my door panel the silver line coming from where the window switch is, is the piping. Thats where the EL wire would go. If i used 1 driver i would need to use a 4 way splitter to go to each door. I have attched a picture of multiple drivers, these things come in all different sizes. The driver i would use if I did 4 different inverters is used to power up to 2 meters of wire. The amount in would be powering would be way shorter then that and the inverter is about 1 inch by 2 inch, so very small. The 1 big inverter option is pretty good size and also is rated to power up to 15 meters.

This should be relatively cheap

4 drivers = $28
      EL wire= $15
      connectors= $15
      so about $60

I believe I have found a color that matches the chevy color, the aqua color is pretty dang close if not identical. For the sierra guys, they make red as well. 

You would need connectors so you can cut the EL wire to length for the door, It is pretty easy to wire the connector to the EL wire. Most use a 2 pin JST wire connection and you can get a kit with 10 connectors and heat shrink for like $10. I am just wondering if anybody has thought of this or done this and how. If you have any experience with EL wire please chime in.

• By Goku760
      Everytime i turn on my truck i get a message saying ,"steering assist reduced drive with care"
      I took it to the dealer but they didnt want to work on it sence its lifted and all of the warranty is voided. Sounds like bs to me?? Any one with similar issue ?!?!? Its a 2017 silverado z71
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-3-2017
      General Motors found the silver lining in a year that saw a slight decline in sales. GM opted to highlight Chevrolet’s increase in retail market share to begin its 2017 sales recap. GM says that its Chevrolet retail market share is “Up one point since 2015.” Lower in the sales overview GM actually clarifies that it is up to 11.2% in retail sales since late 2014 at which time its retail market share was 10.2%. Chevy has gained a bit of retail sales market share in each of the past three years, showing steady progress. Despite the retail gains, Chevy was down 1.5% in total sales.

Buick had a good year overall with new model introductions, but its shift away from cars is the real news. Buick is now a crossover company with a few car models gathering dust. 80% of Buick’s retail sales are crossovers. Three-quarters of them are made outside of North America. The top-seller is the subcompact Encore followed by the Chinese-built and imported Envision midsize/compact crossover.  Buick ended the year down about 5% in sales.

Cadillac was down 8% in the U.S. this year. The only really bright sales news is the XT5 crossover which sells well among its peers. Cadillac cars continue to decline. The ATS and CTS were down 39 and 35% for the year.

The Bolt electric vehicle did very well in its segment, finishing second overall among all U.S. EVs and first among affordable EVs. With its sales continuing to climb, the Bolt has proven itself a success in its first full year of sales.

Trucks were also a highlight. GM confirms that it sold more pickups than any other automaker in 2017. Yes, that includes the Canyon and Colorado. Heading into 2018, the biggest GM news will be the new Silverado and Sierra. We expect to know more about those two in the coming weeks.
    • By The.Sundae.Drive

The Sundae Drive does an in-depth video showing how to install an oil catch can for a 2014 Silverado 5.3L. What are the benefits of an oil catch can? Well if you visit the follwing sites you can read all about the benefits and importance of running an oil catch can. Catch cans are NOT ONLY for turbo/supercharger applications. They can be very beneficial for people with naturally aspirated setups. https://www.redline-motorworks.com/bl... http://oilcatchcan.com/oil-catch-can-... Purpose of your Stock PCV System: The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can be burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor into the intake manifold. A small amount of that ignited mixture leaks past the piston rings and ends up in the crankcase. This leakage is often referred to a "blow-by" or leakage past the pistons. Some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk". Our oil catch can collect the oil mist and condensed the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gasses to pass back into the intake manifold. To pick up a Catch Can of your own go check out: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/ Here is the link for the E2 Catch itself and a diagram showing how it works! http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2...