I just bought my first newish truck, being the 2014 Silverado 2wd z71 lt. It’s got the crew cab with 5.3l under the hood. I’m currently stationed at ft Stewart ga.
Im just looking for some help or some advice on some upgrades I’d like to do to this truck and which products might be the best.
- I’d like to change the headlights and fog lights from stock.
- Put a leveling kit and some new (bigger) a/t tires on it and not sure what size being
- Change to an aftermarket air intake.
- Do something about the shitty stock speakers (without Bose). Wether it be new door speakers and sub(s). Or be just subs and have a separate amp just for door speakers. Do I need a processor to hook up to stock 8” head unit.
- How do I add any app or navigation to this stock 8” head unit
- How to get more performance from the truck.
Anything would help,
I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ that has an issue I have never seen. I am at 49,000 miles. This last weekend I drove to the airport and was away for 3 days. When I got back from my trip:
I unlocked my truck, and as usual, all the courtesy lights come on. I got in and closed the doors, lights stayed on (specifically, the two dome lights by the sunglasses holder, and the two dome lights above the back seating area). Started it up, lights stayed on. Drove 45 miles home, lights stayed on the entire time. Pushing the buttons on the lights did nothing (could not turn them off manually). Parked in my driveway, turned the truck off, lights stayed on. Eventually they turned off (assumedly thanks to the battery rundown avoidance feature) This morning, got up to go to work and experienced the same thing (steps 1-5 above).
I have found a number of forum posts from other forum sites regarding this issue, but they are all for older (pre-2014) trucks, and none of them had a solution anyway. I called my Chevy dealer service department and talked with someone there whom I trust and have been working with for 4 years now - he had no idea.
Anyone here have any ideas? Fuses I should try and pull, etc?
Thanks in advance.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 89 Members, 0 Anonymous, 433 Guests (See full list)
- Derek Meredith
- A.J. Curtis
- Whitey Tighty 16Z71
- Xpensive Chevy