Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Ford Announces 2018 F-150 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel & More

post-139450-0-64492300-1483972019_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-9-2017

Ford surprised many by announcing that the 2018 F-150 will join Ram in offering a 3.0-Liter turbo diesel option. Ford's Power Stroke diesel will be available with a 10-speed automatic. Look for Ford to surpass Ram in class-leading fuel economy. Ford revealed the new model year vehicle during the Pregame show of the NFL Wildcard game at 4 pm yesterday (Jan 8th).

Other highlights of the 2018 F-150, which goes on sale this fall (of 2017) include:

- Adaptive cruise control that can manage speeds in traffic all the way to a full stop

- Lane keeping technology - coupled with above will move the F-150 closer to semi-autonomous driving

- Forward collision prevention with class-first pedestrian detection

- All-new 3.3L base engine (non-turbo) with 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque

- Revised, second-gen 2.7L Turbo option with improved durability and efficiency. 10-speed available with this engine

JOKE! FERD remember the 4.6 2valve/3valve joke engines called triton? 282HP and 253 Torque in a Full-Size Truck? Only a FERD person would buy into this! How many engines have you people built in the last 30years! My Gosh joke!

• Like 1

I've never seen someone so upset about a truck he doesn't have to buy....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I've never seen someone so upset about a truck he doesn't have to buy....

this. I hate dodge but I don't lose my mind about it.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nothing wrong with a little innovation, and more consumer options. Keeps the segment on its toes.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Edited by anthony2558
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with a little innovation, and more consumer options. Keeps the segment on its toes.

Agreed. I personally like ford. Almost bought one, but the ecoboost engine (they haul ass!!!) Doesn't last as long as our 5.3 and 6.2 engines. Plus an xlt costs as much as my ltz. Now, this new Ford body style for the f150 coming out in 2018 is ugly in my opinion.

GM should definately put that 4.6 V8 diesel in production now in 1/2 ton. Blow them away in towing!

I would bet that the next Silverado 1500 gets some kind of diesel. Just look at some of the updates they are doing to other models as a lot of them are receiving some kind of diesel engine.

I'm confused. Isn't this a GM site?

If someone is interested in a Ferd, go to the Ferd site.

My fingers are burning just from typing this. :happysad:

• Like 1

lol. It is a GM site but ForD is like the influenza virus...you never know when it may hit this site.

Agreed. I personally like ford. Almost bought one, but the ecoboost engine (they haul ass!!!) Doesn't last as long as our 5.3 and 6.2 engines. Plus an xlt costs as much as my ltz. Now, this new Ford body style for the f150 coming out in 2018 is ugly in my opinion.

Where is your proof that they don't last as long? Hey I don't think Ford Trucks are worth shit myself but I'm interested to know where you are seeing that the 3.5L Ego Boost isn't lasting as long. Considering they have only been out there for a short amount of time.

Where is your proof that they don't last as long? Hey I don't think Ford Trucks are worth shit myself but I'm interested to know where you are seeing that the 3.5L Ego Boost isn't lasting as long. Considering they have only been out there for a short amount of time.

The EB engine was released in 2011. I was seriously researching ford for a while and everything I read about the EB, mechanics opinions, and people who've owned them showed me that they aren't the most reliable compared to Chevy. Fiat was out of the question because those trucks are garbage.

I am not mad at all! More confused really....I have seen one engine come and go over the years at FERD only to see another engine come and go? Really, remember the 3 valve jokes? Innovation at FERD would be.....How about one engine architecture that we could use for durability purposes in TRUCKS and REFINE IT to have better MPG'S more power than say, GM? Nope... just more crap! Go ahead bro! go buy you a 3.3L N/A for your TRUCK!

What wrong with a 3.3L NA? In a "TRUCK"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      11-28-2017

Please don't kill the messenger! Motor Trend has named the Ford F-150 its “Truck of the Year” in the same week U.S. News & World Report Autos chose Ford as the best truck brand. Ford can’t seem to lose a contest these days. These wins come just a few weeks after the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) named the F-150 the Truck of Texas for the second straight year.

Nic Phillips, President of TAWA, said of its group’s award, “Ford’s 2018 F-150 Pickup, boosted by its extreme performance 2018 Raptor model along with updated EcoBoost engines and 10-speed transmissions, convinced our journalists to bestow the trophy.”

U.S. News said of the F-150, “The Ford F-150 nabbed the Best Truck Brand award for Ford, with the F-150's capability, safety, and high-tech features putting it over the top.”

What say you GM-Trucks.com faithful? Will GM’s Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra turn the tide in the 2019 model-year with new updates and designs and do these awards even matter?
    • By kimyong
      2011 Ford sho vs 2010 Chevrolet camaro ss
      Cant seem to decide which car to buy. If either the 01 ss with 145k for 9k comes nicely modded. Or a stock 2011 sho with 130k for 8k

• By kimyong
      Recently installed LED headlights and Fog lights in my 2005 F-150 FX4. Love them great pattern and very bright. Having an issue with something possible ground or feedback issue. When the headlights are on by them selves all is well. If I turn on the fog lights though my high beam indicator in the dash comes on dimly lit. I saw something search the internet and said it could be a relay ground issue. The lights are all from Novsight lighting and they state that if the lights flicker they may require a capacitor so I emailed them waiting to hear back. Thought I would ask here and see if I can go another route. Also if fogs are on without headlights same issue with dash indicator light plus one headlight flickers. Any help would be great. Thank you

• By SandyNeck
      Thought some might find this interesting:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/04/donors-anti-trump-resistance-group-revealed.html

"Donors to anti-Trump 'resistance' group revealed: The Ford Foundation, which was first created by the founders of the Ford Motor Company, added a $2,350,000 donation."
    • By topshelfproducts
      CASH TALKS! TEXT ME OR CALL 406-690-537I TO DISCUSS, TEXT PREFERRED AS I WORK OUT OF CELL SERVICE OFTEN.

Selling my beloved 2007 GMC Duramax Diesel, last year of the best of the LBZ model code. No emissions from the factory to deal with, and considered to be the best model of duramax ever made. This is a very clean truck, I looked long and hard to find this, and it is my 3rd lbz GM truck. No leaks no drips no check engine lights nothing. Ready for anything and will last forever, I see these trucks on the forums over a half million miles getting beat on daily and running forever, this has been babied. Yes I am asking over book and considering offers, please realize this truck has had a lot more than the average truck has had put into it. Really like buying a brand new truck with everything completely done. Truck is awesome all around. The front seats are showing light wear but no rips, rears and rest of interior looks like new. A couple light paint chips on the front bumper, and I have all factory touch up paints. That's it for imperfections. THIS TRUCK IS CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. I hate selling, however this truck is such a garage queen it makes it hard for me to justify keeping. I started a new position shortly after purchasing the truck and have a work vehicle I use the marjority of the time. The truck is only used for weekend soccer interstate trips etc.

I am the 3rd owner, first was in california and second was in billings and was an oil worker, and it was a garage queen its life. I purchased the truck and did extensive upgrades and reliability modifications to make it the perfect truck in my eyes. I have spent thousands in upgrades and countless hours and extensive labor charges to get the truck to where it is today. This will make someone a reliable powerful vehicle for many years to come with everything done. Always ran premium diesel and Stanadyne with every fillup.

Truck is fully loaded slt model, every available option except leaking sunroof. Bose stereo, power heated leather etc etc.

I will do my best to list everything I can think of about the truck. I am sure I will miss much as so much has been done it is hard to even remember it all. Everything was done with reliability in mind first, and performance second. I have most of the stock parts as well that have been removed.

Upgrades and performance modifications...
      Allison deep transmission pan and new gasket with all new filters.
      Transgo jr shift kit.
      Fleece all on module
      Duramax store transmission cooler line kit upgrade (replaces notorious oem leaking lines)
      Professionally installed rough country 3" lift kit, including new steering stabilizer, 4 new shocks, new rear block, new upper control arms with better angle for ball joint lift, new torsion keys. Also did new pitman and idler arm at this time and full alignment.
      16" XD wheels with 33" Cooper AT3 tires, maybe 5k miles on tires.
      SDP PCV reroute kit
      AFE Series 2 intake with afe pre filter
      4" MBRP mufflered exhaust with black tip.
      3" MBRP downpipe
      MBRP uppipe
      Sinister EGR delete kit
      Edge Insight Gauge Monitor with egt into passenger side exhaust header. Gauge is mounted in dash pod and professionally wired.
      Airdog 165 lift pump
      Capped resonator
      Fleece headlight modification (allows fogs brights lows driving to all be on simultaneously)
      Full window tint with vent visors.
      2 sets of weathertech floor mats, one still new in box.
      Trailer brake
      Snugtop Topper color matched and fitted for the truck, matches the lines perfect.
      5th wheel rails in bed
      GMC Gatorback heavy duty mudflaps
      Lund chrome nerf bars
      Blacked out led taillights

EFI LIVE by Idaho rob at atp in Idaho, comes with efi live tuner.
      If you are not familiar with efi live tuning take some time to read up on google, it is amazing what it does for these trucks and Idaho Rob is considered among the best tuners in the business.
      Truck was tuned after all modifications were completed and comes with 5 tunes that are able to be shifted on the fly with the dsp 5 switch mounted in the cigarette lighter spot and is tuned for the transmission with shift kit. Tunes range from optimized stock, tow tune with turbo tow brake, 90hp eco, 120 street, and 150 hot race, and are changeable simply by turning the switch from positions 1 through 5. I have used the tow tune and the eco tune primarily, as I get older I enjoy cruising more than speeding. The truck does have the ability to really pull however in the higher tunes. Very clean tuning with almost no smoke except in tune 5 where it will smoke a little when getting after it. Truck has not been rodded, adult owned and driven always.

Maintenance items completed...
      All completed within the last 6 months.
      Repeat drain and fills of both differentials with 500k mile synthetic delo dif fluid.
      Repeat drain and fill of transmission and allison filters using only transynd fluid. (Internal filter also change with the deep pan addition.)
      New oem gm radiator hoses and coolant filled drained and filled multiple times. Hyperlube racing coolant additive added on last fillup.
      New oem thermostats
      Brake fluid flushed twice, filled with Valvoline synthetic brake fluid.
      Power steering flushed twice, filled with blue line synthetic power steering fluid.
      Midas full alignment after lift kit installation.
      4 wheel tire balance.
      Full midas inspection showing everything in the good green category.
      New intermediate dorman problem solver steering shaft and bearing kit (fixes notorious oem clunking steering problem)
      New spicer lifetime greasable ujoints
      All zerks repeatedly greased with lucas red and tacky
      Recharged air conditioning.
      Turbo Vane cleaning done.
      Synthetic oils and oem filters, oem airdog liftpump filters.

Truck is ready to go. Title in hand, lien through local bank which my wife works at and all title work can be done at bank on day of sale.
      I may consider delivery for a fee, depending on how far etc.
      I may consider a partial trade on a cheaper vehicle (under 5kish) with your cash offer. Would need to know all vehicle details.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!!! I am working huge hours right now and don't have time for tire kickers. Vin available upon request. Truck is located in billings montana and can be viewed at almost any time. I will try to get more pictures up of the truck as time allows. First picture is current with topper, other pic just to show how it looks without topper.