Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
Ford surprised many by announcing that the 2018 F-150 will join Ram in offering a 3.0-Liter turbo diesel option. Ford's Power Stroke diesel will be available with a 10-speed automatic. Look for Ford to surpass Ram in class-leading fuel economy. Ford revealed the new model year vehicle during the Pregame show of the NFL Wildcard game at 4 pm yesterday (Jan 8th).
Other highlights of the 2018 F-150, which goes on sale this fall (of 2017) include:
- Adaptive cruise control that can manage speeds in traffic all the way to a full stop
- Lane keeping technology - coupled with above will move the F-150 closer to semi-autonomous driving
- Forward collision prevention with class-first pedestrian detection
- All-new 3.3L base engine (non-turbo) with 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque
- Revised, second-gen 2.7L Turbo option with improved durability and efficiency. 10-speed available with this engine