Ford Announces 2018 F-150 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel & More

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-64492300-1483972019_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-9-2017

Ford surprised many by announcing that the 2018 F-150 will join Ram in offering a 3.0-Liter turbo diesel option. Ford's Power Stroke diesel will be available with a 10-speed automatic. Look for Ford to surpass Ram in class-leading fuel economy. Ford revealed the new model year vehicle during the Pregame show of the NFL Wildcard game at 4 pm yesterday (Jan 8th).

Other highlights of the 2018 F-150, which goes on sale this fall (of 2017) include:

- Adaptive cruise control that can manage speeds in traffic all the way to a full stop

- Lane keeping technology - coupled with above will move the F-150 closer to semi-autonomous driving

- Forward collision prevention with class-first pedestrian detection

- All-new 3.3L base engine (non-turbo) with 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque

- Revised, second-gen 2.7L Turbo option with improved durability and efficiency. 10-speed available with this engine

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JOKE! FERD remember the 4.6 2valve/3valve joke engines called triton? 282HP and 253 Torque in a Full-Size Truck? Only a FERD person would buy into this! How many engines have you people built in the last 30years! My Gosh joke!

Nothing wrong with a little innovation, and more consumer options. Keeps the segment on its toes.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I personally like ford. Almost bought one, but the ecoboost engine (they haul ass!!!) Doesn't last as long as our 5.3 and 6.2 engines. Plus an xlt costs as much as my ltz. Now, this new Ford body style for the f150 coming out in 2018 is ugly in my opinion.

I would bet that the next Silverado 1500 gets some kind of diesel. Just look at some of the updates they are doing to other models as a lot of them are receiving some kind of diesel engine.

I'm confused. Isn't this a GM site?

If someone is interested in a Ferd, go to the Ferd site.

My fingers are burning just from typing this. :happysad:

Agreed. I personally like ford. Almost bought one, but the ecoboost engine (they haul ass!!!) Doesn't last as long as our 5.3 and 6.2 engines. Plus an xlt costs as much as my ltz. Now, this new Ford body style for the f150 coming out in 2018 is ugly in my opinion.

Where is your proof that they don't last as long? Hey I don't think Ford Trucks are worth shit myself but I'm interested to know where you are seeing that the 3.5L Ego Boost isn't lasting as long. Considering they have only been out there for a short amount of time.

Where is your proof that they don't last as long? Hey I don't think Ford Trucks are worth shit myself but I'm interested to know where you are seeing that the 3.5L Ego Boost isn't lasting as long. Considering they have only been out there for a short amount of time.

The EB engine was released in 2011. I was seriously researching ford for a while and everything I read about the EB, mechanics opinions, and people who've owned them showed me that they aren't the most reliable compared to Chevy. Fiat was out of the question because those trucks are garbage.

Nothing wrong with a little innovation, and more consumer options. Keeps the segment on its toes.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I am not mad at all! More confused really....I have seen one engine come and go over the years at FERD only to see another engine come and go? Really, remember the 3 valve jokes? Innovation at FERD would be.....How about one engine architecture that we could use for durability purposes in TRUCKS and REFINE IT to have better MPG'S more power than say, GM? Nope... just more crap! Go ahead bro! go buy you a 3.3L N/A for your TRUCK!

Archived