Ford Announces 2018 F-150 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel & More

Gorehamj

The 3.3 na has 80 something more hp than my 1990 sierra w 5.7 had. Theres nothing wrong with a v6 in a truck these days. Most people have trucks that are way overkill.

I was tempted by the ecoboost but concerns about long term reliability and looks pushed me towards a 5.3 sierra.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not mad at all! More confused really....I have seen one engine come and go over the years at FERD only to see another engine come and go? Really, remember the 3 valve jokes? Innovation at FERD would be.....How about one engine architecture that we could use for durability purposes in TRUCKS and REFINE IT to have better MPG'S more power than say, GM? Nope... just more crap! Go ahead bro! go buy you a 3.3L N/A for your TRUCK!

I do see your point. Ford does appear to change engine designs and architecture like the weather.

GM has had maybe 4-6 basic gas engine configurations in their trucks since the 60's; SBC architecture(SBC & LS series) BBC, I6 & Vortec V6 & maybe another one or two I've forgotten.

Ford has had l6, several V6's, numerous v8's of various designs, both OHC and pushrod etc. etc. It seems every 3-5 years there's whole new line of engines.

They'll soon be removing the 5.0 from the F150 line. I believe it's going to be a 4.8L of some sort. All hear say as of now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Maybe they could try a 4.6 again [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I personally like ford. Almost bought one, but the ecoboost engine (they haul ass!!!) Doesn't last as long as our 5.3 and 6.2 engines. Plus an xlt costs as much as my ltz. Now, this new Ford body style for the f150 coming out in 2018 is ugly in my opinion.

sure, they haul ass right up to the point when you eat a Turbo at $800 a piece! (that is how much the turbo costs for my sister's 2013 Escape at the Local Ford Dealer!)

hell, you can get an LT Z71 for a Grand CHEAPER than the XLT model!

They'll soon be removing the 5.0 from the F150 line. I believe it's going to be a 4.8L of some sort. All hear say as of now.

I heard that too about the 4.8. But they have updated the 5.0 for 2018. So guessing it will be several years before they swap it out for something else.

I heard that too about the 4.8. But they have updated the 5.0 for 2018. So guessing it will be several years before they swap it out for something else.

The were even able to update 3.5L Ecoboost to pull more HP & Torque. I still love my 5.0 mustang.

The 3.3 na has 80 something more hp than my 1990 sierra w 5.7 had. Theres nothing wrong with a v6 in a truck these days. Most people have trucks that are way overkill.

I was tempted by the ecoboost but concerns about long term reliability and looks pushed me towards a 5.3 sierra.

Same reason I bought my truck over the Ford. Those ecoboosts are damn fast though.

The Ego boost doesn't seem all that quick when you drive a 6.2..besides they sound like a Hoover vacuum cleaner from outside. Inside of course you get to hear the illusion you have a V8.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I have read yet it doesn't feel as quick..my cousin has a new one with the 2.7 that's supposed to be quicker to 60 then the 3.5 and to me it seemed in par with the 5.3's acceleration not the 6.2. My truck even with over a 100,000 miles on it pulled away from his off the line and continued until I let off.

His is full of features, some are worth having like the trans. buttons that change the shifting, etc. Way nicer interior then mine too but I wouldn't trade my old 2011 Chevy for his new Ford for anything. IMO I don't care what they do to a six cylinder...if it's a truck it should have a V8. Unless it's a economy, delivery, old man ride..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Might as well. Ford just loves their smaller DOHC motors that hardly make any more power than GM.

40 HP is pretty significant. And I'm pretty sure the 4.8 thing has been disproven.

Archived