Ford Announces 2018 F-150 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel & More

Gorehamj

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite. The 5.0 is 385, not 395 like I thought before. 30 HP is still a decent difference though. [emoji38]

Haha! Yea I still agree. I guess I should have specified the 4.6L though. I think for 30hp though I'd still prefer the setup that's more simple. Now if we were talking 50hp... hmmm... lol!

Haha! Yea I still agree. I guess I should have specified the 4.6L though. I think for 30hp though I'd still prefer the setup that's more simple. Now if we were talking 50hp... hmmm... lol!

It isn't so clear cut now. DOHC engines are complex but the Gen V GMs aren't exactly simple anymore.

It isn't so clear cut now. DOHC engines are complex but the Gen V GMs aren't exactly simple anymore.

I couldn't agree more. Add in the AFM, VVT etc, and it's definitely not like it used to be for sure. It's nice that AFM can be turned off, but the internal parts are still there either way.

My neighbor had to sue FoMoCo in order for them to take back the Ecoboost that even their own FACTORY ENGINEERS couldn't figure out! :lol:

There's something to be said about an engine that not even the guys who built it can troubleshoot when things go south.

Actually, a few more words than just 'something" ... and it's full of 4-letter ones ...

Get used to it fellas! The automakers are going to sell you little forced-induction scatter-boxes at $60-large a piece whether you like it or not! :shakehead:

Thank God for American machine shops. I can keep fixing my V8 until the sun turns to ice. :D

My neighbor had to sue FoMoCo in order for them to take back the Ecoboost that even their own FACTORY ENGINEERS couldn't figure out! :lol:

There's something to be said about an engine that not even the guys who built it can troubleshoot when things go south.

Sounds like the shake issues on 2014+ GM 1/2 ton trucks.

Actually, a few more words than just 'something" ... and it's full of 4-letter ones ...

Get used to it fellas! The automakers are going to sell you little forced-induction scatter-boxes at $60-large a piece whether you like it or not! :shakehead:

Thank God for American machine shops. I can keep fixing my V8 until the sun turns to ice. :D

Good thing for you is.....GM has no intention of getting rid of the V-8 for full size cab on Frame platforms! Be glad they spent the money on technology for AFM does not matter if you like it or not because the next model run will incorporate even more advanced AFM to KEEP THE v-8. Let FERD figure it out with their MARKETING GENIUS that truck buyers want a V-8 end of story!

Good thing for you is.....GM has no intention of getting rid of the V-8 for full size cab on Frame platforms! Be glad they spent the money on technology for AFM does not matter if you like it or not because the next model run will incorporate even more advanced AFM to KEEP THE v-8. Let FERD figure it out with their MARKETING GENIUS that truck buyers want a V-8 end of story!

Truck buyers want reliability and power. Doesnt mean a v8.

I'd put money on, within the next 5 model years, GM will:

• Offer a boosted, little engine for trucks
  • Change to all aluminum body

I won't come back here and say "I told you so" WHEN it happens. The money savings is too much for a company like GM to pass up.

I'd put money on, within the next 5 model years, GM will:

• Offer a boosted, little engine for trucks
  • Change to all aluminum body
I won't come back here and say "I told you so" WHEN it happens. The money savings is too much for a company like GM to pass up.

Well there is already info out there stating GM will be going aluminum in the next few years. And the boosted little engine is a solid guess but hardly going out on a limb. I would love for Chevy to throw a half of a Duramax in a half ton. I would seriously consider buying one of those.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

I wouldn't. Sounds great on paper, but the EPA will kill it before it even gets started.

Then, there's the fact that GM burned me a few times already ... but I digress.

Archived