Awful remote start dist..Anyone else?

Guys I'm curious how your remote starts work? Not the phone app...But the key fob. From the house I can lock unlock and start the truck...Distance is only 30 or so feet and not direct line of sight.

But say I'm outside walking to the truck and I'm roughly 50..60 ft away with a perfect line of sight I get nothing...No lock unlock or anything until I'm right on top of the truck... Kinda defeats the purpose. Curious if anyone else has noticed this or maybe figured something out. The key fob battery is a yr old. Would the batt be at the end of life? Would love to know if there is a fix or if the RS just sucks

Mine works from the key fob about 50 feet away, Inside a detached garage with the steel door down.

When I have been walking out of a store in a parking lot, I know I am able to stat it from upwards of 100' or more.

Your battery may be kaput. Not too expensive to try a new one and see if it improves.

Put the fob against your head and try again. Your body acts as a antenna. Works great for me.

I have heard of doing this trick also and it is supposed to work. Mine works well from almost anywhere in my house. Are you having trouble with both key fob's or only one? I know mine will reach the whole length of a WallyWorld parking lot and I guess that would probably be over a hundred yards. Just don't forget to wear your tin foil hat when you try this. Lol

I have heard of doing this trick also and it is supposed to work. Mine works well from almost anywhere in my house. Are you having trouble with both key fob's or only one?

I haven't tested the second one. Haha don't laugh ...I did try the remote under the chin thing. Kinda sucks a dead batt in 1 yr. Does anyone know what the max range is ..Meaning should it work like 1/4 mile away or is it like 100ft

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I haven't tested the second one. Haha don't laugh ...I did try the remote under the chin thing. Kinda sucks a dead batt in 1 yr. Does anyone know what the max range is ..Meaning should it work like 1/4 mile away or is it like 100ft

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, I believe the owner's manual says approximately 200' range for the key fob.

Mine both act like OP stated theirs does. In my house I can hear it start in the garage from about anywhere. Leaving a store, I need to be 20' or less away it seems. I chalked one remote functioning inproperly up to letting my keys go swimming in the river for a while when I flipped my kayak last summer, but I switched remotes after that to the one I had never used. Been using the new one for maybe 8 months, although I've had it for a little over 2 years, acts the same way. Maybe I'll get some foil and mod my toboggan to fit some under there so no one sees me wearing it hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be surprised if your dealership won't resolve your issue for free.

I wouldn't. Dealerships, in my experience, don't consider battery wear a warrantied repair.

Batteries are so cheap, I don't know why you wouldn't just replace it yourself anyway.

I wouldn't. Dealerships, in my experience, don't consider battery wear a warrantied repair.

Batteries are so cheap, I don't know why you wouldn't just replace it yourself anyway.

I agree that batteries may not be considered a warrantied repair, but we are assuming it is the battery at fault. I used the same fob on my last truck everyday for six years and never replaced the battery so I wouldn't assume it is the battery at fault. If it is, and they are cheap, I am confident my dealer would absorb the cost. Maybe not, but they usually treat me well!

Archived