Who r using these Rigid Industries 50481 D-Series

I have them on my silvy. Love these. Output is great and the cutoff is nice so I'm not blinding other drivers.

I really like your setup, but when I go to the Rigid site the brackets I find say to mount 4 lights. I only want to mount a single light like what you have done. Can you give me the model # of your brackets?

Not sure if you were referring this post to me or not, but here's the brackets I used: http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

If you don't want to mount four lights (2 per side) like I did, you can also mount the SR-Q series lights, which would be one per side.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you were referring this post to me or not, but here's the brackets I used: http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46517

If you don't want to mount four lights (2 per side) like I did, you can also mount the SR-Q series lights, which would be one per side.

Yes, I only want to mount a single light and not 2. Cost is a bit too steep with 4 lights.

The web site is not clear if these brackets will work for single lights. I guess I could call them.

Amazon site states: Fog Mount Kit fits two D-Series LED Lights

Yes, I only want to mount a single light and not 2. Cost is a bit too steep with 4 lights.

The web site is not clear if these brackets will work for single lights. I guess I could call them.

Like I said, you can mount one light per side with this bracket. You would be looking at purchasing one of the SR-Q lights per side.

The ones on Amazon you may be looking at the 2500/2500 mount. The one I linked you straight from Rigid is for the 1500; it's the exact one I have on my 2015 Silverado in the pictures above. Without modifying the fog light housing in the bumper, the D series won't fit in a 1500.

It does. That's what I have. Just use the center slot for the sae fogs.

That is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the info, I am going to order some brackets... I just hope I don't end up pulling the bumper like I have read on here.

That is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the info, I am going to order some brackets... I just hope I don't end up pulling the bumper like I have read on here.

I didn't pull my bumper. Around 12 bolts or so per side and the whole fog light bracketry comes out.

It really bugs me that the mods deleted my original post without first contacting me... Oh well.

The Rigid SAE/DOT Dually is different in almost every way. It is designed to be used on road going vehicles and has a special lens that meets SAE/DOT road legal standards by having a sharp cutoff, not unlike the HID headlight systems found on high end vehicles. These wont blind oncoming traffic, but will greatly improve fog light output and visibility. Its not even a comparison to the stock fogs, and some find that these street-legal LED lights outperform factory headlights!

MRT has the best price on the internet, just $194 a pair, delivered to the lower 48. We also dont charge sales tax if you are outside Nevada, unlike Amazon and ebay.

We also carry the Rigid brackets that will allow a clean install into the factory fog position, and we also manufacturer a direct fit plug and play harness that will plug your new Rigid SAE Dually lights into the factory fog light wiring harness with zero cutting or splicing. We can create a package of all of these items, just shoot us a PM!

Want to get your own DOT Rigid dually lights? Check out our site here - http://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/rigid-ind/rigid-sae-compliant-led-lights/50481/i-2305713.aspx

These videos were done by my friend Charl

We have direct fit kits with brackets, harness & lights for the following models:

2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2007-2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 / 3500

2011-2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 / 3500

2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 / 3500

2007-2013 Suburban/Tahoe/Avalanche

2015-2016 Chevy Colorado Fog Mount

2008-2013 GMC 1500

2014-2015 GMC 1500

2008-2010 GMC 2500 / 3500

2011-2014 GMC 2500 / 3500

2015-2016 GMC 2500 / 3500

I don't think this bracket will work with the 50481 D-Series. Web site is just not clear on that.

it will, depending on your bumper. With the standard one just use the middle slot. We can get you setup with the brackets, lights and harness for under $300. If we can help let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the last things I dislike about my 14 Silverado is the fog lights or running lights. They seem worthless and I have been looking at these, Rigid Industries 50481 D-Series lights.

Who has these on this forum that can give me an honest opinion on if you think the investment was worth it.

I have a whiter bulb currently to match the Philips CrystalVision Ultras that I run but I can barely see the illumination and benefit from them. I would like my fog lights to be beneficial and not just something to annoy oncoming drivers.

Do u think i would be able to 2 Rigid D2 in each individual fog housing for a 2014 chevy 1500? as fog lights?

Do u think i would be able to 2 Rigid D2 in each individual fog housing for a 2014 chevy 1500? as fog lights?

To be sure, I cannot answer that, I do see in post #9 cbrsilv15 has only one of the 50481's in his fog lamp area. Now SilveradoSaver has two lights but I do NOT believe they are the 50481 D series lights.

The one thing I do know for sure is the Silverado brackets for the 14/15 will accept both lights. It wasn’t real clear cut on the Rigid web site.

I was on rigids website and saw that they have mounting brackets for aftermarket fog lights and they recommend / say the best fit would be 4) SR-M Series or (2) SR-Q Series Lights. Personally i do not like the look of their of those. And much rather have D series. Thanks for replying so quickly!

I was on rigids website and saw that they have mounting brackets for aftermarket fog lights and they recommend / say the best fit would be 4) SR-M Series or (2) SR-Q Series Lights. Personally i do not like the look of their of those. And much rather have D series. Thanks for replying so quickly!

No problem. I want the D series because of the beam pattern. I actually have a set on the floor waiting to go in: just waiting on the harness to make them plug and play with my OEM wiring. I bought the whole kit from MRT, lights, brackets and custom plug and play wire connectors. No wire cutting will be necessary.

Archived