DQ3 Tow mirrors not folding in cold

My right side mirror on my 2015 3500HD GMC dually didn't unfold last week when it was cold here in Fort Worth. Actually did it twice, and I had to go gently pull on it while the wife pushed the button. Went in for service today for the truck and they are replacing it for me under warranty. I told them that there were a couple others on this forum that had the same issue. If you are under warranty, take it in for them to check.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got word back from GMC dealer. GM is willing to pay 80 towards the 180 cost of replacing one mirror motor that's malfunctioning the most. I'm paying for the other one myself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mine went in for the tailgate and a recall, they said they "re-programmed" the mirrors, they said that is a fix. While I was dropping it off the pass side would not fold in, good place for this to happen. So far so good.

Took the truck into the dealer yesterday for re-programming of the tow mirrors and they said many are having issues with the passenger side...rep said tested bad and needs to be replaced.

Even though they worked fine on that day, they performed diagnostic checks and found intermittent open in power mirror motor so they re-placed it...no charge! Their price was like $655 and to have re-placed on your dime would be over $700 so get them checked!!

Sierra Boy

Since were on the topic of power mirrors... I saw in the programming that you can enable auto fold. I have it on but when does this work? I would of thought it to do it when the ignition is turned off. Right now I manually fold them when parking. Any clues on this? BTW no problems yet with sticking mirrors here.

Since were on the topic of power mirrors... I saw in the programming that you can enable auto fold. I have it on but when does this work? I would of thought it to do it when the ignition is turned off. Right now I manually fold them when parking. Any clues on this? BTW no problems yet with sticking mirrors here.

IF you hold the lock button on you r remote and auto fold is enabled the mirrors will fold. When folded hold the unlock button and they will un-fold.

Took the truck into the dealer yesterday for re-programming of the tow mirrors and they said many are having issues with the passenger side...rep said tested bad and needs to be replaced.

Even though they worked fine on that day, they performed diagnostic checks and found intermittent open in power mirror motor so they re-placed it...no charge! Their price was like $655 and to have re-placed on your dime would be over $700 so get them checked!!

Sierra Boy

I called Friday to confirm that it was the power fold motor they ordered and not the mirror motor. (price they are quoting makes me think mirror motor) Service advisor stood by the parts department on this. Either way I have a 100 deductible thanks to GM customer satisfaction program.

Anybody try shooting WD40 into the fold?

I've had issues too. Since the hard freezing began I haven't used the fold option. But with those towing mirrors being so wide, I'd LIKE to in parking lots.

Anybody try shooting WD40 into the fold?

I've had issues too. Since the hard freezing began I haven't used the fold option. But with those towing mirrors being so wide, I'd LIKE to in parking lots.

joet6890,

Fold them in manually if they don't go in with the button but if truck is still under warranty then get then checked. They replaced my whole mirror assembly not just the motors.

Sierra Boy

I called Friday to confirm that it was the power fold motor they ordered and not the mirror motor. (price they are quoting makes me think mirror motor) Service advisor stood by the parts department on this. Either way I have a 100 deductible thanks to GM customer satisfaction program.

Went in today....service came out to me 20 minutes later and said parts ordered the wrong parts. Waiting to see if GM will honor their deal (me paying a $100 deductible) to replace the passenger side mirror.

Went in today....service came out to me 20 minutes later and said parts ordered the wrong parts. Waiting to see if GM will honor their deal (me paying a $100 deductible) to replace the passenger side mirror.

Just have to pay 200 for the assembly

Just have to pay 200 for the assembly

Good job there...they are not cheap and only paying $200 is good. Hope it works out.

Sierra Boy

Archived