Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

GM's Perfect Response To Critical Investors

post-139450-0-56906800-1484083192_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-10-2017

General Motors has a perfect response to both silence and assuage large investors that the Detroit Free Press says have been critical of GM's stock price, saying it is undervalued. The company is buying up billions of its own stock. The ongoing and expanding buyback has two effects. First, it shows GM has confidence in its future earnings. By betting on itself GM shows that it thinks it can and will improve its position financially as time goes on. Second, buying back stock after having been criticized about the stock being undervalued, raises the value of the stock!

GM's final report on its 2016 performance will not come until February, but publically traded companies are allowed to comment on the expectations of their earnings as long as the statements are based in fact. Mary Barra looking confident at the podium stepped forward and offered this quote: “We’ve generated consistently strong results the last few years by delivering great vehicles, growing the topline and driving efficiencies, while at the same time establishing a leading position in shaping the future of transportation,” Barra said. “We’ll stay focused on executing our strategic plan and generating the profitable growth needed to create long-term value for our shareholders.”

After GM announced its expected results, GM stock saw its highest price in over a year during trading and settled back to a 3.7% increase since yesterday.

learning the stock game when I was 12...

letting too much out leads to take overs and weird LED lights surrounding headlamps form china.

glad they are owning themselves.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      4/18/18

General Motors has announced today that Johan de Nysschen is "leaving the company immediately."  

de Nysschen came to Cadillac from Infiniti and was famously responsible for the brands advantageous and controversial renaming. He then proceeded to do the same at Cadillac, renaming all of their cars and struggling with sales of the once leading luxury brand. 

Steve Carlisle has been named as Senior Vice President of General Motors and President of Cadillac moving forward. 
    • By King-Kon
      Hoping to find someone who has owned or lifted or both a stock Silverado LS. I have yet to find anyone with experience or seen this exact lift. I am narrowed down to either a 5" with 33's or 7" with 35's.

With how low it sits, is 5" going to be enough or will it still be very low compared to stock trucks nowadays? I'll be using the stock 16" wheels.

How much will it affect the acceleration?
    • By Lepperconpls
      I have a 2014 stock Silverado z71 Lt 18in rims I want to know what the biggest tire I can fit I'm not getting a level or a lift keeping it stock.... I don't care what you can fit with your leveling kit!!! This is my first post I'm pretty sure there is someone else that has asked the same thing if so lead me there.. thanks for your time  
    • By Josh_perry24
      Hey!  As the title states, I have a standard/regular cab 2014 Silverado.  I'm looking for a set of new or near new chrome door handles,  Key on one or both sides, I guess it doesn't really matter.  Would also consider buying a full set of 4 if the price was right, though I only need the two.  Thanks for any offers!
    • By Tyler Sywyk
      Hello, I own an 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel Crew Cab Long box pick up, it's throwing a display message, but not giving me any codes, the message is service trailer brake system, it used to show that message and then I had it brought into the shop the second of July and they replaced the trailer break relay in the rear, had to change out some eye connectors at the fuse box. They also replaced the fuse. Worked great again from then to about a three weeks ago and this was including an 11 000km trip towing the trailer, it brought the message up again. The truck had been sitting and driven every once and a while, a bit of idling this winter as well, but no towing. so I replaced the fuse because it looked blown. After replaced it work fine again no more message thought maybe wet weather caused it. Now unfortunately now again yesterday I went to use it again and the message comes up, it was just recently used a few days ago and no message, today we have some dense fog as well as some rain. I think it only happens when it rains heavy or fog.. I am not entirely sure on that though. I replaced the fuse in the fuse box for the (ITBC) The one I changed out before to get it to work, and this time it did not work and nothing changed on the dash message still up.  I can more than easily replace the Relay without any issues, but I don't want to do that if it is just going to create the exact same issue. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Also on a side note, whenever I start the truck it puts out grey smoke until it has warmed up passed about 79-85 degrees Celcius (174F-187F), which is normally after driving for about 5 mins 10 at most or letting it high idle until that temp, it also does smoke when driving until warmed up. it never puts out black or blue smoke. Its grey, just as it is on a cold day in a gas engine. today we've reached the highest temp lately about 8 degrees Celcius and it still smoked. It never did this in the summer or fall just after it got cold. So I am just wondering if this is normal or if something is causing this to happen when it shouldn't be. Could it be something  as simple as it needing an oil change? Or also does it need a long drive at highway speed to deal with burn cleaning the DPF? I am a new owner to this pickup, and it is my first year with it so I am new to diesel's and don't know what to expect from them.

Any help Is much appreciated!