2010 Yukon SLT Radio Interference

sandso

Question

I have a 2010 Yukon SLT and it seems to have a radio interference sound. When I drive and the radio is on, you can hear a humming / swishing noise and the noise is mainly coming from the left side speakers. Also, the noise is not continuous, it comes and goes with no specific reason. The local dealership can't figure the problem out and GMC online contact is no help as they are not technicians. The dealership had installed a noise reduction unit behind the radio but that only worked for about a week or two. Can anyone help me with this?

3 answers to this question

If it's coming only from the driver's side (left) door speaker, and nowhere else, I'd bet that there's a problem within the BCM causing that. I think the only way to fix that would be a new BCM ... then of course the BCM requires a reflash to work. $$$ unfortunately.

If it's coming from ALL the left side speakers, then you'd have to investigate all the connections, wiring, etc. to the speakers and to/from the amp, if equipped. These days it could also be a bad factory radio or amplifier.

Could also be a myriad of electronics around that system that I haven't mentioned, because I don't know about them.

Archived