2017 6.2 with 8 speed transmission shudder

That's 5 too many. And while you were back there, did you happen to ask how many of these trucks were completely and effectively repaired? If so, feel free to post the solution so the guys that do have to deal with this problem can get it resolved. I think if I worked at a dealership I'd be sure not disparage the guys who have a legitimate problem with the manufacturer who in a round about way pays my salary.

I work in the paint shop. I don't really care what the fixes are. My 17 Sierra is great. Unless I personally have the issue, I'm not going to dink around looking to fixes when anyone that's had the issue and had it fixed posted it already. Edited by TheGovernment

• 7 months later...

I own a 2016 Chevy Silverado 6.2L LTZ crew cab and at speeds of 40mph -65mph I am having the same problem as Stingray. Stingray described the vibration perfectly. It feels like I am running over rumble strips. That is the only way to accurately describe it. It's very annoying. At 70 plus mph the truck is smooth just like it should be. At speeds 0mph to 40mph the truck is smooth just like it should be. My dealer drove it and agrees with me that something is not right. I am taking it in on the 11th of this month in 3 days. I hope they can fix it. I like a smooth ride. I have 24,000 miles on the truck and this did not start until about 18,000 miles were put on the truck. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I own a 2016 Chevy Silverado 6.2L LTZ crew cab and at speeds of 40mph -65mph I am having the same problem as Stingray. Stingray described the vibration perfectly. It feels like I am running over rumble strips. That is the only way to accurately describe it. It's very annoying. At 70 plus mph the truck is smooth just like it should be. At speeds 0mph to 40mph the truck is smooth just like it should be. My dealer drove it and agrees with me that something is not right. I am taking it in on the 11th of this month in 3 days. I hope they can fix it. I like a smooth ride. I have 24,000 miles on the truck and this did not start until about 18,000 miles were put on the truck. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Check for flat spots and the balance on your tires. That is the most common reason for this.

torque converter shudder for sure - take to your dealer. They will flush fluid.. if that doesn't work probably replace TC. Mine did the same thing... the flush has fixed it ....so far...

GMC-AT thanks for the confirmation. Several articles that I read indicate the TC is the problem. I wonder how the fluid of a new truck could be defective or contaminated. That's worrisome. This is the first CHEVY that I have ever purchased new that has had a problem in under 100,000 miles. Not what I was hoping for esp. when we spend this kind of money. I am dropping it off Monday morning. I hope they just cut to the chase and change the TC.

Thanks Sldhead700 for the input. It seems that the consensus is that it is the torque converter causing the issue. I will post back after Monday and let everyone know what my dealership says and/or if they swap out the torque converter and fix the problem.

Ok my dealer called me today about my truck. It is confirmed to be Torque Converter shudder by the mechanic at the dealership. They are changing out the TC filter and flushed out the TC three times. I am supposed to drive it for 200 miles and see if that fixed the problem. If not then they are going to put in a new TC.

• 1 year later...

Just found this forum after, what appears to be my 2nd TQ issue on my 2015. First one started at just 12,000 miles and now at 37,000 it appears the replacement TQ is having the same shutter issue. Sadly this is my first GM truck and could be my last. My lease is up in Feb 2018 and this recurring issue really makes me think twice about buying/leasing another GM. 

Edited by Turmanator

• 1 month later...