Sign in to follow this  
VGMC

4wd not working even with new switch

Its says service 4wd on my dash and the switch is not working so i bought a new one. but that did not work, the switch doesnt even light up at all and when i press the buttons nothing happens it is currently stuck in 2wd any help?

If there's service 4x4 there's a code, it needs to be scanned and diagnosed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Get it scanned. Much easier than throwing parts at it like I did. And ended up changing switch, tccm,and the encoder motor, just to find out it was my transfer.

Check all your fuses.. Mine was encoder motor.. Few bucks and a few minutes to swap it out.. Hope that's all the problem you have.. My dealer couldn't figure it out. Sominrellaced encoder motor after doing a bunch of online searching.. Bingo..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Todd2016LT
      So the other day I tried to get to a parking spot and had to go over a snow pile to get to a parking spot and thought I had the ground clearance but the stupid plastic skirt under the front bumper got caught and got pulled off. So now I'm thinking do I replace it, leave it as is, or do an upgrade. I'm not thinking about a full bumper replacement but something like a skid plate or maybe a winch mount? Let me know if you have any ideas and pictures and prices would be great if you have done one yourself. First two pictures are of my truck, next are some ideas I'm thinking of
    • By 1999chevy
      So I recently inherited a 99 silverado and I want to lift it a little. I was planning on cranking the keys and adding a leaf in the back to clear 33s without rubbing. I have heard stories of having to redo front ends because of overcranking torsion bars. I was wondering can I put hdtorsionbads on my 1500 and will that give me any lift??
    • By Zane
      So, now that everyone has gotten a look at which trim levels Chevy will offer for 2019 on the Silverado..quick poll! 
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-14-2018

One point of emphasis in last night’s Chevrolet Silverado launch was the cargo bed area improvements. Chevy seems to have taken great care to make not just the strongest cargo area, but the most functional.

The 2019 Silverado will feature the most cargo volume in every bed length. The short-box will have 63 cubic feet of volume. Chevy says this new short box has  “up to 20 percent more than a competitor’s short-box.”  However, it isn’t just overall volume that improves. Chevy has also increased the maximum width of the bed by seven inches. Furthermore, Chevy will offer new lockable storage boxes that fit over the wheel wells and will still allow 4X8’ building materials to load flat on the floor. The twelve fixed and nine movable cargo area tie downs in the new Silverado will be twice as strong as competitors’ tie downs.

Chevy is also doubling-down on steel as the cargo area material. Still roll-formed high-strength steel to maximum yield strength, a new alloy is used with even more resistance to damage. However, the tailgate is made of aluminum. Chevy made it no secret that it uses the best material for the job during its live launch.

Corner step remains, but cutouts are now larger. The new Silverado will also be available with a class-exclusive fob-operated power up/down tailgate that can also be operated from the interior button or by hand. Other features will include available task lighting, a 120-volt power outlet.