Sign in to follow this  
VGMC

4wd not working even with new switch

Its says service 4wd on my dash and the switch is not working so i bought a new one. but that did not work, the switch doesnt even light up at all and when i press the buttons nothing happens it is currently stuck in 2wd any help?

If there's service 4x4 there's a code, it needs to be scanned and diagnosed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Get it scanned. Much easier than throwing parts at it like I did. And ended up changing switch, tccm,and the encoder motor, just to find out it was my transfer.

Check all your fuses.. Mine was encoder motor.. Few bucks and a few minutes to swap it out.. Hope that's all the problem you have.. My dealer couldn't figure it out. Sominrellaced encoder motor after doing a bunch of online searching.. Bingo..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      4/22/2018

Anyone who is planning out how they might want to order their next generation Silverado can offically start rejoicing. A lot of new information just dropped. Chevrolet just updated it's ordering information for the 2019 Silverado and we now know what colors it will be offered in, among other things.

Didn't see the dates your dealer can start ordering? We've got em!

Here's the official names of the eleven colors you'll be able to paint your 2019 Silverado:

Red Hot Havana Brown Metallic Iridescent Pearl Tricoat Satin Steel Metallic Northsky Blue Metallic Silver Ice Metallic Summit White Black Oakwood Metallic Shadow Gray Metallic Cajun Red Tintcoat  
      Two colors, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and Cajun Red Tintcoat will be extra cost options. Oakwood Metallic will also be extra cost and also won't be available at the start of production .

As far as which colors are which.... we're still piecing that together.  GM's official photography has only a few options and there's no official guide to which color is which. Here's what we can piece together so far...

Summit White

Red Hot

Satin Steel Metallic

But more color options have popped up online and on facebook. 

Black

(Thanks Jeff Holeman)

Silver Ice Metallic

(Thanks Cesar Sanchez)

Cajun Red Tintcoat

(Thanks Jeff Holeman)

Northsky Blue Metallic

Oakwood Metallic

• By Clutch Bo
      So I have a 2014 Silverado LT1, without the Bose system. It has the 4" non touch screen radio, and 6 non Bose speakers. I want to upgrade to the loudest, clearest sounding speakers possible. My local sound store told me Arc Audio was the way to go, and I was hoping some others may have installed some before I do. Looking for feedback and opinions, don't worry about price, I'm just looking for the loudest clearest sound I can get.
    • By thapatman54
      Hey guys. I have been driving a used 2007 Silverado Classic for about a year now. The truck has a regular cab, regular bed, 4.3L V6, and did not come with a tow package from the factory. After I started to realize I would need it for towing some smaller to medium trailers,  I got the basic 4 way package and hitch installed at U Haul this past December, and also installed a Hopkins 7-blade/4-pin piece to the wiring cable just above the spare tire. However, I also would prefer to hook in a trailer brake system to save on wear and tear on my brake pads when moving larger trailers that I might occasionally haul. While the standard 2007 Silverado Classic (it's really just a 2006 Silverado) that comes with a tow package comes with the wiring, the wiring to the STUD #1 fuse in my engine bay fuse box, which normally has the power to a trailer brake controller, is absent from anywhere I can see around the box on mine. I also notice that the wiring to the trailer brake output in my truck is not connected to anything, and is just an empty wire running back to the end of the truck.  STUD #2 is already connected under the box, which does not show the usual "install all the wires yourself" advice on most trailer brake controller videos from etrailer.com

I am wondering if the red/power and blue/trailer brake wiring is hiding anywhere within any bundles and just needs to be connected together into the fuse box and to a trailer controller, or if I have to tap into my firewall and wire up everything myself. 

Here is a representation of the truck I have below: 

Here is the fuse box. Stud #1 seems to be used by the trailer brake controller's power wire, as most etrailer.com videos show these are already wired on towing equipped vehicles.