Service stabilitrack and brake assist?

My 2014 Sierra has two service codes that comes up every time I start the truck. I have no issues with either. Service stabilitrack and service brake assist. Is there any way to erase these codes myself? Dealership wants $110 to erase codes! So dumb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure nothing is wrong? Just because you cannot tell, doesn't mean nothing is wrong. I know on my old 2014 when the stabilitrak light came on they told me it was my power steering motor going bad.

Need it diagnosed. You say no issues yet "service stabilitrak" and "service brake assist" means you have an issue. The dealer/you can erase them all you want it will come back right on. There is more than likely a system fault.

This might be a long shot -- but any chance you have some sort of accessory plugged into your OBD-II port, like a Bluetooth OBD reader?

I ask because I have seen some service bulletins from GM indicating these devices can sometimes trigger warnings like these if left on vehicles for prolonged vehicles of time. One in particular that comes to mind is # 13-08-116-001B.

I know, sounds crazy -- but it happened to me last week. I used my Bluetooth reader the other day to clear MAF codes that came up after pulling the airbox on my truck (needed to start it briefly at one point during a headlamp install...long story). I'd left the OBD reader on for another two days following the work. On day three, I came out to the truck and found it not responding to remote start. Once I started it with a key, it then bombarded me with Stabilitrak and Brake Assist warnings for about 20 minutes. One warning would pop up, then clear, then pop up, then clear, etc. Removing the reader seems to have solved the problem.

This might be a long shot -- but any chance you have some sort of accessory plugged into your OBD-II port, like a Bluetooth OBD reader?

I ask because I have seen some service bulletins from GM indicating these devices can sometimes trigger warnings like these if left on vehicles for prolonged vehicles of time. One in particular that comes to mind is # 13-08-116-001B.

I know, sounds crazy -- but it happened to me last week. I used my Bluetooth reader the other day to clear MAF codes that came up after pulling the airbox on my truck (needed to start it briefly at one point during a headlamp install...long story). I'd left the OBD reader on for another two days following the work. On day three, I came out to the truck and found it not responding to remote start. Once I started it with a key, it then bombarded me with Stabilitrak and Brake Assist warnings for about 20 minutes. One warning would pop up, then clear, then pop up, then clear, etc. Removing the reader seems to have solved the problem.

yeah I did borrow a buddies Range AFM module for a week to try it out. That could be it but I am still getting the warnings everyday.

The range can trip the errors because it interferes with the CANBUS system. No all store OBDII readers can read all codes, some codes like ABS/Airbags

I would ditch the Range, have the dealer read the codes and clear if not pointing to anything else specifically, and see what happens.

I haven't had the range in for two weeks now, still codes everyday. Autozone scanned for codes and got nothing. Dealership wants $110 to do it, not paying that.

I haven't had the range in for two weeks now, still codes everyday. Autozone scanned for codes and got nothing. Dealership wants $110 to do it, not paying that.

Unless you can find someone with HP Tuners, the dealer may be the only option. HPT might be iffy as well, as I said earlier some of the codes are not able to be read or reset by anyone other than the dealership.

The only way to bypass the TC / Stabilitrak system is to pull the ABS fuse.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, Autozone's scanners are not likely to be fully capable of reading/ resetting these particular codes. If it's a basic OBD-II scanner, it isn't likely to interface with things like SRS, ABS, stability control, etc. The tuner tool might give you some access as also noted, but that's sort of an unknown, given how more and more areas of the diagnosis system are being tied exclusively to the GM MDI tool for diagnosis and servicing.

Sorry you don't like the idea, but you asked for suggestions and guidance -- this is based upon the best information I have access to, which comes straight from GM. I would assume you want to figure out if there's anything more to this issue and potentially clear the codes; in that case, the dealer scan is your best option. If you don't like the price, try seeing if another dealer or qualified technician with advanced scan capabilities near you is willing to do it for less, but I doubt you'll have much luck. Doesn't hurt to shop around, I suppose.

Maybe you could disconnect the battery to clear the codes.

I had similar codes a few years ago on a different GMC and it turned out to be squirrels had chewed through the wiring to the wheel speed sensor. My insurance covered the repair under the comprehensive coverage.

Maybe you could disconnect the battery to clear the codes.

I had similar codes a few years ago on a different GMC and it turned out to be squirrels had chewed through the wiring to the wheel speed sensor. My insurance covered the repair under the comprehensive coverage.

Worth a try.

I was surprised the last time I pulled the neg battery cable off for a project to find all of my settings, station presets, and so on were all retained despite theoretically cutting power for two days straight.

Archived