Found a budget 3.5" Stainless cat back for my 17' 6.2

under light acceleration in that range, I wonder if it is in V4 mode

I know mine is usually in v4 mode in that range. Mine is bassy with the Dynomax welded in, but not annoying at all. Then again I traded in a 2015 Mustang GT for this truck, and it had a dual 3" MBRP exhaust on it. This truck is nice an quiet compared. My wife loves the sound at full throttle too, it sounds great. That Dynomax was the only 14" oval muffler I could find in 3.5"

Not in V4, it's very bassy operating in the torque converter range under moderate throttle. That coupled with being loud in the first place was drowning out everything in the truck. Had the 12909 welded in yesterday and it's still doing the same thing just not as obnoxious so it may be just an inherent property of the 3.5 inch exhaust. I may look into a J-pipe/Heimholtz chamber set up to quell the issue but I'm not sure if I want to hack the system up for something that may not change things. Overall the sound under full throttle is great, not wake the dead loud but very noticeable improvement over stock.

Not in V4, it's very bassy operating in the torque converter range under moderate throttle. That coupled with being loud in the first place was drowning out everything in the truck. Had the 12909 welded in yesterday and it's still doing the same thing just not as obnoxious so it may be just an inherent property of the 3.5 inch exhaust. I may look into a J-pipe/Heimholtz chamber set up to quell the issue but I'm not sure if I want to hack the system up for something that may not change things. Overall the sound under full throttle is great, not wake the dead loud but very noticeable improvement over stock.

Nice job, I almost got that muffler, but I was worried about it being too quiet.

I have J pipes on my Camaro and they are amazing. NO DRONE. It also lets you hear the true exhaust sound when cruising(when you normally would hear drone) and it sounds great.

Fear of inducing the dreaded part throttle drone is the reason I haven't touched the exhaust. Had a 3" exhaust with a 5x8x18 Magnaflow installed on my '05 Avalanche for all of about a month, it was terrible at part throttle. I wonder how a 5.3 would run with a stock 6.2 system adapted in.

Fear of inducing the dreaded part throttle drone is the reason I haven't touched the exhaust. Had a 3" exhaust with a 5x8x18 Magnaflow installed on my '05 Avalanche for all of about a month, it was terrible at part throttle. I wonder how a 5.3 would run with a stock 6.2 system adapted in.

Extremely quiet, waste of time.

• 7 months later...

do you have AFM turned off?

If answer to that is yes, is the drone the annoying bass sound when cruising at say 40 or 60?

how loud is loud? these trucks are soooo quiet stock. my neighbor has the older gen 6.2 in a 2012 Yukon and the stock sound on that is awesome.

I am toying between Muffler delete, this system or the Gibson. I had MBRP in the mix, but I hear that is way to loud and raspy....

I have no experience with the MBRP but from the videos I've seen I would say it sounds deep and powerful. I hate raspy and snotty exhaust sounds. I'm really leaning towards getting the MBRP for my 6.2.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have had the 6.2 MBRP catback in my cart multiple times but haven't pulled the trigger. I want a nice rumble, but I am afraid it will be too loud. I must be getting old because I enjoy how quiet the truck is under cruise, but I really want a rumble at accel and starup/idle. Also on the fence about a muffler delete....

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly certain I am going to go that route with the dynomax and that bargain catback and do the muffler swap. I just want to be certain it is all a simple clamp job

yup it's a simple clamp job, I just chose to get it welded for my own preference.

Archived