Manual driver seat conversion to power

Good Morning,

Has anyone attempted to install a power driver seat into a 2014-2015 LT truck that came with a manual seat?

I compared the part diagrams for both and the seat harness plug that attaches to the body harness looks the same. I'm just curious if the necessary wires are in the body harness to power the motors on the powered seat.

Manual seat:

32227379506_25f05be4e7_o.png

Power seat:

32116389382_d7a964d6f7_o.png

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by n77nxc

Most likely not. You'll have to look at this connector to see if you have the circuits in the seat harness to body harness connector. In the 2016 Upfitter manual, I found a dome light circuit I wanted to tap but the circuit was not in my harness.

e4c20a8c3dd07813a00e267d1a98d127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, I was hoping that wasn't the case. You would think it would be more cost effective to not have so many variants of the main body harness.

I agree. However, after looking at all the harness routing diagrams, it makes sense why they have so many variants. Pig tails that come off the main harnesses wouldn't need to be there if the option/Accessory doesn't exist. I think having less part #s and having unneeded pigtails coiled up and tucked away. Less inventory overhead to plan for.

If circuits would exist all the way around, make it a programmable BCM upgrade and charge a fee to to upgrade it.

I agree. However, after looking at all the harness routing diagrams, it makes sense why they have so many variants. Pig tails that come off the main harnesses wouldn't need to be there if the option/Accessory doesn't exist. I think having less part #s and having unneeded pigtails coiled up and tucked away. Less inventory overhead to plan for.

If circuits would exist all the way around, make it a programmable BCM upgrade and charge a fee to to upgrade it.

They do this, it's called options when you buy the truck new. LOL

I would think you could get power to the seat without any problems running your own wire. I've done it in the NBS and NNBS trucks with no issues, while I haven't looked at the K2xx seats wouldn't think power for the seats has changed, as they have always been power/ground only to run the motor. I will say forget about getting heat to work...

• Like 1

I would think you could get power to the seat without any problems running your own wire. I've done it in the NBS and NNBS trucks with no issues, while I haven't looked at the K2xx seats wouldn't think power for the seats has changed, as they have always been power/ground only to run the motor. I will say forget about getting heat to work...

Understood...I was just hoping for that simple plug and play scenario. I'm not interested in the heat option. In South Texas, we need the cool option more than heat. I wouldn't even attempt to get that option to work. I'd just go buy a truck with it.

:). You know the 'ol saying. "Had I known then what I know now." [emoji23]

• Like 1

Good news here is this isn't for my truck. I have power. I'm trying to help out a buddy that wants the change.

I'll check my seat harness to confirm the body side connector has more pins than the connector on his truck.

• 1 year later...

Swapping my 2front seats ln my 2015 Silverado to 2016 Denali seats my passenger seat wasn’t electric but it’s working fine with the electric seat but my driver seat that was electric doesn’t want to work with the new electric seat any suggestions plz tnkz 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, n77nxc said:

Good news here is this isn't for my truck. I have power. I'm trying to help out a buddy that wants the change.

I'll check my seat harness to confirm the body side connector has more pins than the connector on his truck.

Did you get the seats to work?

Swapping my 2front seats ln my 2015 Silverado to 2016 Denali seats my passenger seat wasn’t electric but it’s working fine with the electric seat but my driver seat that was electric doesn’t want to work with the new electric seat any suggestions plz tnkz 

The reason why the passenger seat works and the driver doesn’t...

These seats came out of a truck that has Seat Memory. So the power adjust controls all go through the seat memory module.

In order to get the power adjust controls to work, you’ll have to find ALL the power seat control circuits and bypass the seat memory module... and land them directly to the the power adjust switch panel circuit.

The passenger seat doesn’t interface with seat memory and that why it works.

• 1 year later...

Reading this thread inspired me to replace my manual seats in my 2015 Silverado LS for Power Seats. Only thing is I don’t know how to order the wiring harness. I was told, "There is no simple harness to add for the seats. You cannot even order one. GM orders through the VIN number and you will just keep getting the original harness. The harness in question as the one I replaced in the cab. It runs throughout the cab. This is all to keep people from doing exactly what you want to do. GM wants you to buy a loaded truck from them"

So, I am wondering if anyone here in this forum has a Silverado from '14 to '18 with 10 Ways Power Seats but no Heated and/or Memory seats...if you could share a VIN so I could order the harness based on that VIN....or, advice on how to do this bypassing the GM harness ordering.

In advance, thank you.

6 hours ago, nycrdknglouis said:

Reading this thread inspired me to replace my manual seats in my 2015 Silverado LS for Power Seats. Only thing is I don’t know how to order the wiring harness. I was told, "There is no simple harness to add for the seats. You cannot even order one. GM orders through the VIN number and you will just keep getting the original harness. The harness in question as the one I replaced in the cab. It runs throughout the cab. This is all to keep people from doing exactly what you want to do. GM wants you to buy a loaded truck from them"

So, I am wondering if anyone here in this forum has a Silverado from '14 to '18 with 10 Ways Power Seats but no Heated and/or Memory seats...if you could share a VIN so I could order the harness based on that VIN....or, advice on how to do this bypassing the GM harness ordering.

In advance, thank you.

Try ordering  the harness without your vin 

• Like 1

Thanks Codman67,

Dealer's Parts Dept, request a VIN.

Today, what I'm doing is  looking for used trucks for sale. Some for sales ads, have VINs. Then, I see if they have Power Seats (No heated or Memory seats, just power seats)...then, using those VINs, call a few dealers to see how far I go. 

• 4 months later...

Instead of ordering a harness to bypass the seat memory module equipped in the driver seat assembly you can supply 12v to the red and black wire coming from the seat and it will also do the same thing. Cheap and reasonably simple. I hope this helps I just completed my full conversion in my 17 Silverado.