Dealer Decals

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ram i had i left them on because the dealer was outstanding acutally when the free oil changes are over i intend to take it there for maintenence and inspection even though they are a Chrysler dealer . The dealer i bought the chevy from sucks for lack of a better term so any mention of them was removed I do however love the truck

When you pay good money for a vehicle why should you take these stickers etc. off your vehicle? I tell or make the dealers take the stickers etc. off or there is no sale before I take ownership. It is the consumer power to make the dealer kiss your axx. Why are people afraid to make the dealer do this when the dealer doesn't have the right to do it without your permission in the first place. It is your property - stop letting the dealers do this without your permission and being a push over. I never had a problem with "service" without the dealer sticker etc. and I purchased a lot of vehicles. If I did, they would hear from me. I guess I just don't put up with this BS.

Dealer gives lifetime free yearly State inspections so I peel off the sticker and stick it on the inside of the trunk lid/side of the tailgate. Waste a whole 5 minutes of my lifetime using a heat gun with no paint damage. No big deal, I remember the days when the dealers emblems were screwed on, sometimes cockeyed at that!

Do you service at the dealership that put their decal on there? Most service departments give priority service to vehicles that came from the dealership... so don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

If you still want it off, just use a heat gun to warm it up and take any residue off with alcohol. Use a soft cloth rag, not paper towel to avoid swirling/scratching the finish.

I stopped reading at this comment because how dumb it is. Felt,like I needed to get that out before I continued to,read the rest of the responses

When you pay good money for a vehicle why should you take these stickers etc. off your vehicle? I tell or make the dealers take the stickers etc. off or there is no sale before I take ownership.

Because I don't trust the kid making $10/hr to pull off stickers off my black truck when I can do it myself properly without scratching the paint. Very easy to marr and scratch.

Because I don't trust the kid making $10/hr to pull off stickers off my black truck when I can do it myself properly without scratching the paint. Very easy to marr and scratch.

A lot of these $10 an hour employees know how to take these sticks off better than the average person. They do it a lot more times. If they do mess it up than the dealer is responsible to fix the damage. You always have the option to walk away and not pay for the vehicle until they meet your satisfaction. I like them to mess it up because I would get a better deal on the vehicle or a different one.

Do you service at the dealership that put their decal on there? Most service departments give priority service to vehicles that came from the dealership... so don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

If you still want it off, just use a heat gun to warm it up and take any residue off with alcohol. Use a soft cloth rag, not paper towel to avoid swirling/scratching the finish.

Hope you realize all they have to do is go into the system is see if your vehicle was bought at their dealership. Also I don't see how they priority a vehicle that was bought at their dealership. Especially if it's a non warranty repair or maintenance where they're getting paid by you. That would be like a regular shop asking if you've used them before and if you say now you're moved to the back of the line. A paying customer is a paying customer rather you've used them before or not. This would be like saying they put the trims in order and do the higher trims first and work their way down.

Looks crappy IMO to have gaudy dealership stickers on my new truck.

Theres a GMC dealer here in Milton, Fl that literally has full size front window stickers that say "MCkenzie GMC" on every new sierra and I see a few new sierras driving around like that and alwyas chuckle.

was behind a truck today totally debadged. nothing. finally got right up behind it at stop a light and it was a Tundra. and the Tundra label was imbedded in the tailgate.

I was like, WTF? I think they are really nice trucks but they're doing that? That's not removable.....

Archived