Dealer Decals

If you're ordering one I'd go ahead and ask for no decals. If you're buying off the lot and it already has been applied I'd just remove it myself since I trust myself more than anyone there to do it properly. I ordered the Jeep and requested (and got) no dealer stickers. They did install a plate frame but since in MI you swap your plates at the time of sale, I just gave it back once the papers were signed and I put my plate on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you service at the dealership that put their decal on there? Most service departments give priority service to vehicles that came from the dealership... so don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

If you still want it off, just use a heat gun to warm it up and take any residue off with alcohol. Use a soft cloth rag, not paper towel to avoid swirling/scratching the finish.

The sticker doesn't matter at all in the situation you describe. The service department knows where you bought it from as it is in their computer.

Mine had dealer's decals on the tailgate and they also put one under the cab's high stoplight black panel, plus two license plate frames. The decals are vinyl and they come off without any problems with a little care. I don't get my ass up in the air over "advertising" for the dealer, they just get removed. If that was the only issue anyone had with our trucks, what's the problem?

Because I don't trust the kid making $10/hr to pull off stickers off my black truck when I can do it myself properly without scratching the paint. Very easy to marr and scratch.

Exactly right! I'll take the 5 minutes to remove it carefully rather than trust a hurried worker to remove it to speed the sale while I'm doing the paperwork. You can even mess up the Jello hard clear coat with a fingernail!

I don't even trust them to gas up the new vehicle. Bought a new 300M and one jacka$$ took the new car to gas up and wash and evidently was too lazy to pull forward enough on the pump to jamb in the nozzle.....bent the gas fill door so far backward it made a dent in the rear quarter panel. Wasted another 3 hours ripping up the paperwork, finding another suitable new vehicle and settling on one that MSRP for another $250+ and paying the same price and leaving with the dealer's chit for a fill up at the station. Now I let them wait, refusing to sign the paperwork until it is fully cleaned and gassed, and passes my final examination.

I agree, they're annoying. I think the add on pin stripe money grab is even more annoying!

We are a small minority, pay attention to all of the vehicles on the road who still have dealer plate frames and decals! Most people don't care, so they just do it. Cheap advertising

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

was behind a truck today totally debadged. nothing. finally got right up behind it at stop a light and it was a Tundra. and the Tundra label was imbedded in the tailgate.

I was like, WTF? I think they are really nice trucks but they're doing that? That's not removable.....

Read an article,ford,is going to start doing this with F150 imprinted

Never been an issue requesting them to have them removed. They even swapped over my chrome license plate frame from my vehicle I traded in, so no dealer license plate frame for me. I think any dealership that refused to remove these decals is crazy to jeopardize the sale :lol:

The dealer logos is the 1st thing that comes off my truck when I get home. I asked my salesmen when I bought my 16 to leave the decal and dealer tag off. It was not there when I got my truck. Back in 2010 when I got my 09 it was a 2wd Z71. I asked them to remove the Z71 stickers before I picked it up. I think those are really tacky on any truck 4x4 or not.

• 3 months later...

Am I the only person who finds the decals dealers apply to a new truck irritating? You pay $50,000 for a new truck and it gets used to advertise the dealership? That and dealer plates. Has anyone had any luck insisting advertising be removed or not applied to begin with?

Removing it was the first thing i did after i got home from the dealership. They added it even tho i told them not to. Took it of in 20 seconds.

I'm starting to see more new trucks around my area (mostly Dodge) that has dealership branded mud flaps. They look like decent flaps with the metal plate on the bottom, with the dealerships branding, but still... I'd pull those off too.

Archived