Looking for new Denali

Get your score up. I was quoted the same truck, same terms except $2,500 down and it was in the high $300's and that included WA taxes. You are literally paying almost double because of your fico. I'm surprised they even quoted you using those numbers, you're in King county so that $1,200 won't even cover your taxes and it's WA state law to collect all taxes before you drive off of the lot. My guess is that you'll be closer to $3,000 down to drive it off the lot. Also, with A paper (750 and above) they'll give you almost half off of the SmartLease protection package which gives more miles and covers $5k of wear and tear.

Imo, it's just not worth it. Get your FICO up another 100 points and you could almost lease two of them at that price.

Get your score up. I was quoted the same truck, same terms except $2,500 down and it was in the high $300's and that included WA taxes. You are literally paying almost double because of your fico. I'm surprised they even quoted you using those numbers, you're in King county so that $1,200 won't even cover your taxes and it's WA state law to collect all taxes before you drive off of the lot. My guess is that you'll be closer to $3,000 down to drive it off the lot. Also, with A paper (750 and above) they'll give you almost half off of the SmartLease protection package which gives more miles and covers $5k of wear and tear.

Imo, it's just not worth it. Get your FICO up another 100 points and you could almost lease two of them at that price.

yea I think I am gonna pass on it. Don't think I can get my score up another 100 fast enough, but I def can pay some stuff down and get the score closer.

Where did you get your quote from if you don't mind me asking?

yea I think I am gonna pass on it. Don't think I can get my score up another 100 fast enough, but I def can pay some stuff down and get the score closer.

Where did you get your quote from if you don't mind me asking?

Beaverton GMC, just across the river.

What did you get the price down to off msrp? Did they have a truck or order one for you??

They have a spare lot full of Denalis, I easily found a 6.2 optioned the way I wanted. They have a deal now which I believe is something close to 10k off, and a high residual and low money factor for a certain optioned Denali. It's like $400 per month with $2,500 down, 36 months, 10k per year. I didn't look at them because I only wanted a 6.2. Also, that deal requires a 750 or above FICO and the finance gal had mentioned to me that someone just drove one away and paid almost $200 more per month because they didn't meet the 750 score.

I'd wait. I do know one thing, with excellent credit a hard pull will only hit you one or two points, but it goes up by a factor for every pull if you have mid-tier credit. A young lady in my office went car shopping with a 675, the third pull dropped her score 25 points. I didn't believe her until she showed me and I google it and found lots of people with the same experience. Also, with a borderline score they may shop it out and one application can result in multiple hard pulls.

Archived