School bus and truck

Retired Bob

This crash happened in Jan 2017. At first I thought it might be a new F-150 aluminum body, but the tail light is not from a new F-150 and it does not have the step-bumper of a newer GM pickup. The school bus has stopped for a red light and I guess the pickup did not! Insurance company will probably classify the truck as 'totaled'. The driver of the truck did not survive. I realize this is 'off-topic' for this forum but I was hoping someone might identify the brand and year of the pickup from the picture.

post-126703-0-76518400-1484398405_thumb.jpg

Ya I say a Ram too,but I don't think any truck would have been salvaged after hit unfortunately driver didn't survive not a surprise,that looked like one hell of a crash.stay safe fellow members head up eyes forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum - everyone identified the wrecked truck as a Ram (tho some of the senior people still called it a Dodge Ram). Still, from only the tail light, bumper, and the rounded rear wheel wells, no one was stumped except me. Thanks for the feedback.

My first impression was that the Ram must've been going fast but given how high front engine school buses sit, they may have driven right under the bus and basically bypassed all the front structure of the truck. Kinda surprised buses don't have under-ride protection like semi trailers do.

It says the driver didn't survive, I think he was already dead or incapacitated in some way to not see a stopped bright yellow school bus. Or he was texting lol.

It is a Dodge. That will never change. Even if corporate says so. It's like the Mustang, say Ford decided to sell it under the title of Lincoln Mustang.. it's still a Ford Mustang. You had the Chrysler Town and Country minivan or the Plymouth Voyager. It was still just a Dodge Caravan when everything was said and done. GMC Sierra? Just a glorified Chevy Silverado. No offense.

Damn, some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum - everyone identified the wrecked truck as a Ram (tho some of the senior people still called it a Dodge Ram). Still, from only the tail light, bumper, and the rounded rear wheel wells, no one was stumped except me. Thanks for the feedback.

No need for a swing out stop sign on the back of a bus. If it is loading/unloading, they have these cool little things up top that flash! They are called lights. They also have these round (or sometimes rectangular) big ugly ass things on the back of a bus called stop lights/brake lights. They light up bright when the brake pedal is depressed. But doesn't do any good if someone is looking down and texting or having a medical emergency.

Never seen a bus swing out stop sign on the back of the bus. Seems like a good idea.

Archived