2015 LTZ-Park Assist not Working

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ and recently the park assist stopped working. When I put it in reverse the back up camera comes on normally but the lines are no longer showing and warning when you get close to an object dont work. Going forward the warnings it used to send when you get close to an object also does not work anymore.

The switch on the dash to turn it on and off blinks rapidly when you try to turn it on and a error message shows up on the display in the dash saying it is not activated.

Naturally this happens right out of warranty... Any one had this happen to them or know what the issue may be?

It is very cold here with temps being in the negative numbers, i thought it may be ice or snow on the sensors but even with them clean this still happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ and recently the park assist stopped working. When I put it in reverse the back up camera comes on normally but the lines are no longer showing and warning when you get close to an object dont work. Going forward the warnings it used to send when you get close to an object also does not work anymore.

The switch on the dash to turn it on and off blinks rapidly when you try to turn it on and a error message shows up on the display in the dash saying it is not activated.

Naturally this happens right out of warranty... Any one had this happen to them or know what the issue may be?

It is very cold here with temps being in the negative numbers, i thought it may be ice or snow on the sensors but even with them clean this still happens.

clean the sensors , then take a hair dryer to them ( info from local body shop )) I do my after the car wash - winter time .

Hello Jtsteiert,

I sincerely regret to hear about this recent concern you have experienced, as we strive for our customers to have complete confidence in their vehicle. Your continued loyalty is very important to us and we apologize for your ongoing frustration. We have documented this occurrence within our system; however, we can certainly offer an additional layer of assistance. If that is of interest to you, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership.

Best regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Hello Jtsteiert,

I sincerely regret to hear about this recent concern you have experienced, as we strive for our customers to have complete confidence in their vehicle. Your continued loyalty is very important to us and we apologize for your ongoing frustration. We have documented this occurrence within our system; however, we can certainly offer an additional layer of assistance. If that is of interest to you, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership.

Best regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

PM sent

Hello Jtsteiert,

Best regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

I sent a message last week with the info you requested and i have not heard back from you....

Can you give me a update on this?

Hello Jtsteiert,

Best regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

It amazes me how GM Customer Care responds to my post and makes it sound as if they are going to assist me with this issue. The requested a lot of information from me so they can better assist me yet its been over a week since i sent them the info and i haven't heard from them. So i asked them what the status is on this and several days later I was informed that since i live in Canada that they can not help me and will send my issue to their Canadian Customer Service Center..... It strikes me as odd that they did not know I was from Canada since my signature clearly says i am from Canada... So here i am 12 days after my posting and still no help from GM on this issue.

I appreciate the support from the members here, I wish GM who I spent $60,000 Canadian with to buy this truck was as proactive!

I also concerns me that i may need to unplug the connectors, clean them and dry them with a blow drier to make the system work again, GM didn't design this very well since all sensors are mounted to the exterior of the truck, front and rear bumpers..... I would think that weather proof connections would be exactly that... Weatherproof.

Well I am taking my truck in for service this weekend and will discuss this problem with my dealer. I doubt i ever hear from GM Customer Service in Canada and if i do i doubt i will get any assistance so i will continue dealing with this on my own..

Sorry for the rant

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, anyone actually fix this.  I have the same issue.  being as i had two sensors giving me a false object reading right before it went down i thought it might be one of those two sensors.  so i changed them.  nothiing resolved.  

Also i live in Canada and cleaning them is not a new thing for me.  also the system is set to on in the settings.

I watched one video where they could here a noise coming from the good ones and not from the bad ones.  Well i have no noise for any of them.  Wondering if ther is maybe a module that could be gone or if i need to clear the codes after i changed the sensors?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...