2014 High Country Silverado w/6.2L - Things I Should Know?

My grandfather is getting too old to drive his truck and has decided to sell it to me. It's a 2014 Silverado High Country 4x4 with the 6.2L engine and only 6,000 miles on it.

Still on the original tires and brakes.

I've been in the market for a new truck for a while (really miss my 07 Sierra SLE2), so this lined up nicely.

Since 2014 is the first year of the new models, is there anything I should be looking out for? Is the 6.2L engine reliable and such?

The Mylink entertainment system looks very nice - any chance it can be updated to Carplay without spending $1000+?

I suspect your grandfather will sell you the truck at a price that can't be matched anywhere else. For this reason alone, I recommend buying the High Country. My son owns a '14 HC and it is a beautiful truck!

My grandfather is getting too old to drive his truck and has decided to sell it to me. It's a 2014 Silverado High Country 4x4 with the 6.2L engine and only 6,000 miles on it.

Still on the original tires and brakes.

I've been in the market for a new truck for a while (really miss my 07 Sierra SLE2), so this lined up nicely.

Since 2014 is the first year of the new models, is there anything I should be looking out for? Is the 6.2L engine reliable and such?

The Mylink entertainment system looks very nice - any chance it can be updated to Carplay without spending $1000+?

-6.2 is very reliable, basically gods engine

-I have a '14, I've also had a '17 loaner for a week with apple carplay, I love integration but in real world usage I didn't find the apple carplay to help my life in any way over the '14 system. It's not all that special of a feature. Would I take it for free, maybe, certainly not for $100.

Basically it's a great truck, buy it if it's reasonable (under $40k)

I don't think you can upgrade the DIC for any reasonable price. Basically the electronics you see is what you get.

If you are new to this generation of vehicles, just get used to the shifting and active fuel management. Some people (on this forum) really hate it, but honestly its not bad, just different. Once you get accustomed to it, it won't bother you at all. it think its really smooth and far better mileage that I got in my old truck.

really nice trucks, you both will be happy!

you both will be happy!

Very important point that I also meant to mention! I was in a similar situation with my Dad in 2000 when I took over his new Silverado. He was no longer able to drive but he was very happy when I took him for rides in his last, most favorite truck!

I agree with what was mentioned above about CarPlay. I have it and it is convenient (sometimes), mainly when listening to internet radio but I wouldn't pay a grand for it for sure. As far as active fuel management and transmission shifting, mine has been flawless except for the fist few hundred miles it did have a couple of hard shifts while in learning mode but that's it. I can't even tell when it switches over to 4 cylinders and if it wasn't for the display, I wouldn't know it did change over.

I suspect your grandfather will sell you the truck at a price that can't be matched anywhere else. For this reason alone, I recommend buying the High Country. My son owns a '14 HC and it is a beautiful truck!

I basically told him I wouldn't pay less than Blue Book for it. I'm not going to rip off a retiree on a fixed income, hahahaha.

My wife's 2010 Suburban has a six-speed transmission but with the 5.3L V8...is the transmission pretty much the same?

They are both in gm vehicles, that's about the only similarity from what I've read on the two. 6.2 has the 8 speed tranny, haven't seen many complaints on it compared to the 5.3.

You may check out white auto and media services, a member on here runs it (gtprix). They do a lot of custom upgrade options, I'm about 99.9% sure you could have them add The new apple stuff or android. I've been talking with them about adding a denali cluster in place of my slt gauge cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both in gm vehicles, that's about the only similarity from what I've read on the two. 6.2 has the 8 speed tranny, haven't seen many complaints on it compared to the 5.3.

You may check out white auto and media services, a member on here runs it (gtprix). They do a lot of custom upgrade options, I'm about 99.9% sure you could have them add The new apple stuff or android. I've been talking with them about adding a denali cluster in place of my slt gauge cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'14 6.2 has a 6 speed 6l80

I basically told him I wouldn't pay less than Blue Book for it. I'm not going to rip off a retiree on a fixed income, hahahaha.

Same thing I did with my father. You can still come up with a price that makes you both feel good. You don't want to take advantage of him, but you don't want to deny him the opportunity to help you!

Archived