2014 High Country Silverado w/6.2L - Things I Should Know?

Same thing I did with my father. You can still come up with a price that makes you both feel good. You don't want to take advantage of him, but you don't want to deny him the opportunity to help you!

I think we've got a good deal worked out. I come from a big family so I don't want to take advantage of him but I also don't want my other cousins or family members to think I'm getting any sort of special treatment. None of them are interested in the vehicle though, as far as I know.

CarPlay is a cool gimmick. Spotify is nice to have, but Waze doesn't have an app and who in their right minds uses Apple maps. I'd equate it to a Nintendo Wii, cool to use and show off to friends but not really useful day to day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarPlay is a cool gimmick. Spotify is nice to have, but Waze doesn't have an app and who in their right minds uses Apple maps. I'd equate it to a Nintendo Wii, cool to use and show off to friends but not really useful day to day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know. Yeah without Waze (which would be like 95% of the reason to have CarPlay) I don't think it matters.

My grandfather is getting too old to drive his truck and has decided to sell it to me. It's a 2014 Silverado High Country 4x4 with the 6.2L engine and only 6,000 miles on it.

Still on the original tires and brakes.

I've been in the market for a new truck for a while (really miss my 07 Sierra SLE2), so this lined up nicely.

Since 2014 is the first year of the new models, is there anything I should be looking out for? Is the 6.2L engine reliable and such?

The Mylink entertainment system looks very nice - any chance it can be updated to Carplay without spending $1000+?

Sorry to hear about your grandfather but unfortunately we are all heading in that direction. You are lucky that he has decided to offer you what sounds like a very well cared for truck. 6.2 engine is a beast and I am sure that it will satisfy any demands you may place on it. Reliability wise don't forsee any problems but purchase an extended warranty for peaceof mind. Sorry I don't have experience with the MyLink to Carplay update. Good luck!

-6.2 is very reliable, basically gods engine....

+1, quoted for truth. Especially in this era of fleet mpg, eggbeater twin turbo sixes. The NA 6.2L is powerful, pleasing, effortless.

Very important point that I also meant to mention! I was in a similar situation with my Dad in 2000 when I took over his new Silverado. He was no longer able to drive but he was very happy when I took him for rides in his last, most favorite truck!

Nice.

Only heads up are the shimmies which can be checked on a highway test drive at varying speeds, and the horrible headlamps which need to be upgraded. See the subforum on headlamp mods, the morimotos are tremendous.

I basically told him I wouldn't pay less than Blue Book for it. I'm not going to rip off a retiree on a fixed income, hahahaha.

I would go to nadaguides.com to price it, not KBB. You may or may not know this, but KBB recently started contracting with car makers/dealers. NADA is the true "user friendly" car pricing service at the moment. KBB will usually show slightly higher "sale" prices and slightly lower "trade in" prices. NADA will likely be a little lower than KBB, but you won't be ripping yourself off by paying too much, and it's still reasonable.

I just suggest NADA because that's what the credit union that I work at uses to value auto loans. We only loan up to 110% of "clean retail" of NADA value.

I would go to nadaguides.com to price it, not KBB. You may or may not know this, but KBB recently started contracting with car makers/dealers. NADA is the true "user friendly" car pricing service at the moment. KBB will usually show slightly higher "sale" prices and slightly lower "trade in" prices. NADA will likely be a little lower than KBB, but you won't be ripping yourself off by paying too much, and it's still reasonable.

I just suggest NADA because that's what the credit union that I work at uses to value auto loans. We only loan up to 110% of "clean retail" of NADA value.

Thanks for the tip!

Archived