Took the Fox 2.0 plunge

So, is the Fox 2.0 or 2.5 alternative to leveling blocks in front? What about angles and UCA? I like my level look but figure if there is better way I'm interested. I don't want any more lift because I like parking in my garage. I also don't plan to go bigger than my 275/70/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is the Fox 2.0 or 2.5 alternative to leveling blocks in front? What about angles and UCA? I like my level look but figure if there is better way I'm interested. I don't want any more lift because I like parking in my garage. I also don't plan to go bigger than my 275/70/18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a major upgrade from leveling spacers. Not that the spacer is a bad way to go, but the stock shocks cant hold a candle to the ride quality and offroad performance of a full coilover system. Its night and day different for the better.

They have threaded shock bodies so you can dial in the exact height you are looking for, down to millimeters. Am aftermarket UCA is only required with the extended travel versions FOX offers, and the angles wont be any different than what you have right now with your lift spacers.

I took the plunge too and bought them!

Unfortunately I went through local shop so that I could get them to install em--I'm was able to get my leveling blocks on myself, however I don't want to go through all that crap again! I'll elected to buy local and let them deal with it.

I did get a pretty darn good deal--almost as good as MRT's! They made up elsewhere.

TOTALLY excited LOL.

I took the plunge too and bought them!

Unfortunately I went through local shop so that I could get them to install em--I'm was able to get my leveling blocks on myself, however I don't want to go through all that crap again! I'll elected to buy local and let them deal with it.

I did get a pretty darn good deal--almost as good as MRT's! They made up elsewhere.

TOTALLY excited LOL.

Congrats! Did you go 2.0 or 2.5?

Either way, let us know how you like them.

I'm leaning 2.5's but not totally ruling out the 2.0's. Will be doing new UCAs regardless so may as well do 2.5's and get a beefier shock and a bit more travel.

UPDATE:

I have installed the rear shocks which went as expected (I forgot how big a pain it is working on the floor, on your back, under your truck).

Here's one of the rear shocks installed;

fox1.jpg

I have installed the right front coilover at this point. That proved to be as difficult as I imagined it could be. The Rancho came out easily but the Fox it longer than stock and I could not get the UCA to brake loose. I did disconnect the stabilizer bar. I didn't think to take pictures but what I did to get the lower part of the shock to go over the mount, I first took up the play on the back two studs on top of the strut by tightening the nuts, not real tight but just enough to have the strut butted up against the mount. I then took an old belt wrapped it around the shock then stepped up on the brake caliper and pulled at the same time. That was just enough to get the bottom part of the shock to slide over onto the fork. I'm doing the left front on Monday and I hope this trick works again (if needed), I'll try to take pictures and post them.

Here's a comparison of the Rancho and Fox from struts;

fox-rancho.jpg

they should be like this as pictured in a different forum..

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/fox-2-0-ifp-rear-shocks-installed-today-upside-down-359573/

they should be like this as pictured in a different forum..

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/fox-2-0-ifp-rear-shocks-installed-today-upside-down-359573/

I was concerned about this when I installed the shocks. The OEM are installed in this orientation but they have the pastic cover on them. Then I came accross this video that was my deciding factor;

I was concerned about this when I installed the shocks. The OEM are installed in this orientation but they have the pastic cover on them. Then I came accross this video that was my deciding factor;

Thats funny the link the guy above you posted has Stage 3 the same guy who made your video saying he never mounts them upside down or has seen that.

Read the link he posted it has some good reasons not to mount them that way.

Installed my fox 2.0 and the steel bushing was not centered, and it didn't come with lubricant. I tried pushing it center, even used a vise with a spacer but was worried about breaking my vise. I installed opposite of the OEM rancho to make the stickers visible and because I thought dust/mud would sit on top of the seal. I did notice they are much stiffer than OEM, but also they are about 1/4-1/2'' shorter from the OEM. . is any of this normal for the 2.0's? I planned on calling fox in the morning, because I'm also confused on their instructions for the coil over 'adjust while installed on vehicle with spring compresssor' impossible.

Without beating this to death, I have fox coil-overs (983-02-086) from my 2010 Silverado. I now have a 2014 Sierra and yes it has the aluminum control arms.

So, without buying another set, has anyone installed the steel control arm coil-overs on the aluminum arms? Specifically has anyone cut the tab off to allow a full 2" of lift and if so, any problems at all?

Without beating this to death, I have fox coil-overs (983-02-086) from my 2010 Silverado. I now have a 2014 Sierra and yes it has the aluminum control arms.

So, without buying another set, has anyone installed the steel control arm coil-overs on the aluminum arms? Specifically has anyone cut the tab off to allow a full 2" of lift and if so, any problems at all?

They no longer make that part number and the current one fits both models. You should be okay, but might notice the contact when you go offroad. A set of aftermarket control arms will solve all those problems.

You can run this with the rough country 7.5 lift?

Yes, that kit uses a large lift spacer, drop down brackets and a spindle to attain the 7.5, but it still utilizes the stock shocks which these are a direct replacement for.

Archived