Took the Fox 2.0 plunge

On 10/16/2017 at 1:22 PM, jgadget said:

I just got off the phone with fox and the dude I spoke with told me that the shocks are not made to be adjusted after buying them for the preload is already set.  adjusting it more for more lift could cause the spring to bind.  As well as for heavier trucks like mine V8 Crew cab that I would only see 1.5 inches of lift out of the box.  I asked about putting a .5 in spacer under to get that full 2 without adjusting the shock but he didnt seem to keen on it.

I'm shocked* you got so much info from Fox. I called questioning if I would get a 2'' lift for my truck and the guy said ''have you put them on yet? if not, put them on first and call if you don't get the full 2 inches of lift'' For myself, with a RCSB, I got over 2''' of lift.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s been over 6 months since I got mine in. They need to be tweaked as the front end has settled and they’re definitely not level anymore. Still enjoy them although the softness they once were us not there. But, they don’t ride like shit like the Rancho did.

Still good buy in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 12:44 AM, Donolie said:

I'm shocked* you got so much info from Fox. I called questioning if I would get a 2'' lift for my truck and the guy said ''have you put them on yet? if not, put them on first and call if you don't get the full 2 inches of lift'' For myself, with a RCSB, I got over 2''' of lift.

I’ve opted out of doing the 2.0 because fox cannot give me a straight answer. I don’t want to have to keep jacking my truck up to get it right. I’m putting a ready lift 2.25 kit in the front for now and I got the fox 2.0 in the rear with a set of airlift bags for towing. After I get my wheels I might end up doing the fox 2.5. The guy who keeps posting on here that sells them has the 2.5 for a great price!

It’s been about 6 months since I had 4WP install my Fox 2.0’s. The truck has settled and now the front isn’t level. When I called 4WP they told me $185 per side to re-adjust them. Apparently the coilovers have to be removed from truck in order to level again. I think I’ll live with the slight nose dive now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/16/2017 at 1:22 PM, jgadget said:

I just got off the phone with fox and the dude I spoke with told me that the shocks are not made to be adjusted after buying them for the preload is already set.  adjusting it more for more lift could cause the spring to bind.  As well as for heavier trucks like mine V8 Crew cab that I would only see 1.5 inches of lift out of the box.  I asked about putting a .5 in spacer under to get that full 2 without adjusting the shock but he didnt seem to keen on it.

This makes no sense...whats the point of a coilover if you can't adjust it?   I'm wanting to take the plunge on these Fox coils, but after reading so many conflicting reviews, it seems more and more that these Foxes are nothing more than a name you're paying for...thats it.   

39 minutes ago, LFZ said:

This makes no sense...whats the point of a coilover if you can't adjust it?   I'm wanting to take the plunge on these Fox coils, but after reading so many conflicting reviews, it seems more and more that these Foxes are nothing more than a name you're paying for...thats it.   

I think your right about paying for the fox name for the 2.0. I put the 2.0 in the rear and I really like it after they have settled a few hundred miles down the road. I would invest in 2.5 for the front but can’t find a solid review. I also thought about going bilsten but they don’t get you up high enough. 

I called fox fox twice hoping I would get someone different which I did and got the same information.  

I've been eyeing the 2.0s as well. With such conflicting reviews, I don't know what my decision is going to be. On a different note, will my stock 17" rims work for all these leveling shocks? I'm hoping I don't have to change out wheels as that would make it way too cost prohibitive.

Archived