OEM HIDS

No. Silverado HD use a dual beam setup. Halogen projector low beam (the top light), and reflector high beam (the lower). 2016+up 1500 trucks use a single bulb HID projector lens setup. Nothing on them is plug and play, and the bulbs are completely different (H11 halogen on HD and D3S HID bulb on 2016+up 1500).

Try Xenondepot. http://www.xenondepot.com/2016-silverado-2500-hd-hid-headlight-kit-bulbs-s/33331.htm

I have the Xtreme LEDs that they offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, today, i went to go test drive a 2500 HD Denali and to my surprised it has stock HIDs. I'm assuming you can swap GMC 2500 HD with the silverado 2500 HD HIDS??

Pretty much same answer as above. GMCs have a single lamp setup, so it wouldn't be plug and play.

See pics in this thread. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/170016-post-photos-of-your-25003500-hds/page-38

No. Silverado HD use a dual beam setup. Halogen projector low beam (the top light), and reflector high beam (the lower). 2016+up 1500 trucks use a single bulb HID projector lens setup. Nothing on them is plug and play, and the bulbs are completely different (H11 halogen on HD and D3S HID bulb on 2016+up 1500).

Try Xenondepot. http://www.xenondepot.com/2016-silverado-2500-hd-hid-headlight-kit-bulbs-s/33331.htm

I have the Xtreme LEDs that they offer.

How were the instructions & installation? Did everything you needed, come w/ that kit? I see some kits on the 'net that you more or less have to pick and choose your components. I haven't a clue about HID systems so I'd rather go w/ something that has a "complete" package.

TIA

The paperwork that came w/ the LEDs that I bought was pretty lame. They said if any issues to contact them, but no contact info included nor any results when you do a Google search.

How were the instructions & installation? Did everything you needed, come w/ that kit? I see some kits on the 'net that you more or less have to pick and choose your components. I haven't a clue about HID systems so I'd rather go w/ something that has a "complete" package.

TIA

The paperwork that came w/ the LEDs that I bought was pretty lame. They said if any issues to contact them, but no contact info included nor any results when you do a Google search.

The XenonDepot stuff plugs right into existing wiring (the high/low beam bulb sockets, whichever you are changing). Plus, you can tuck the driver and the wiring all in the headlamp housing.

The XenonDepot stuff plugs right into existing wiring (the high/low beam bulb sockets, whichever you are changing). Plus, you can tuck the driver and the wiring all in the headlamp housing.

Does it retain the large black plastic "cover"? The size of the LEDs wouldn't allow them to be reinstalled

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Xenon Depot HID kit today.

Contents include:

HID Bulbs

Xtreme HID Ballast

HID Igniter (PWM Anti-flicker module)

Relay Harness*

*Some vehicle specific HID kits may not include/require a relay harness.

No mention in the instructions if this harness is necessary w/ the GM wiring. (I've emailed XD)

Has anyone installed a similar kit on the Silverado HD? Any tips for wiring routing or component mounting?

Thanks in advance.

Archived