spray in bedliner? Line-x the only real one out there?

Is Line-x the only spray in liner out there?

I have a chevy 2016 longbed, What should it cost to have it sprayed?

I see they offer different levels of coating. Perhaps the PRO for me since it will be a work truck...if the PRO is worth the price difference over the standard.

Whats your take on Line-x?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have never had an issue with Line-X with the 4 trucks I've owned that have had one on there, and appreciate the great customer service provided, I plan on sticking with them for my future trucks. What is important to me is how well established a company like this is, how good of customer service, and knowing that there are many locations out there to which I can go should I require warranty work done on it and no longer live near the original dealer that applied the liner.

Is Line-x the only spray in liner out there?

I have a chevy 2016 longbed, What should it cost to have it sprayed?

I see they offer different levels of coating. Perhaps the PRO for me since it will be a work truck...if the PRO is worth the price difference over the standard.

Preparation of your bed is the key, if it's not prepared correctly then all spray-in liners will suk. I had our dealer add it to my truck before I took it home. They own five various dealerships in the area and their Dodge dealership does them all. They have a dedicated booth and three guys only that do them and I was assured their preparation is professional. They were right. Price was OEM $495 and they did an outstanding job..

Do your homework before having a spray-in done.

I have owned both line-x and rhino linings on past trucks and here is my take on them.

Rhino Liner - had this in my 01 Z71 owned truck for 5 years sold to freind and he had it another 7

Pros - Material is softer and much more resistant to things sliding around

cons - It fades pretty bad and will turn a light grey color and it does get cut if you scoot sharp objects on it. When I say cut I mean visible knicks and cuts I never had it take a chunk where you could see steal under it or anything, just marks in it all over.

Line X - had this in both my 06 dmaxs i had owned them for 10 years combined the first one only lived for a year and a half before it was totaled.

Pros - Very hard and durable product I had it in my last truck for 10 years and it still looked like new for the most part.

Cons - Even though it has a rough texture things do tend to slide around in it more, not near as bad as a drop in liner though.

My personal opinion is that line-x is a much nicer more durable coating in the long run, if my truck didnt have the factory liner that is what it would have.

I dont know whos product the GM uses in the factory equipped trucks but it is very similar to Line-X in look and feel.

I've had 2 Line-X and one Bullet Liner. I wish the Bullet dealer didn't dump the franchise as I would have done it again. Bullet is by the guy who invented Line-X if I recall, and I actually like it better than the Line-X a bit (at least the Line-X on my 2015). The GM one is very nice as well, and as far as pricing, quite competitive at a $495 option cost. Only downfall is you can't have the GM done after the truck is built from GM. Has to be ordered from the factory.

My next truck, I'm thinking GM (I ordered this one and would order again). Worst case, I'd see if a Bullet dealer is around nearby and get that again.

I have Line-X on the 2015 and Speedliner on the 2001.

Speedliner has a lot more grip, texture is a much smoother and is basically bullet-proof. The down side is it has faded slightly after 15 years of sun.

The Line-X I had installed has the UV protection. Not that it matters since I put a tonneau cover on that truck.

I wish I would have put the Speedliner in the 15, I hate the way stuff slides around on the Line-X.

http://www.speedliner.com/

Havent seen any Onyx mentions, but I've had an Onyx spray in liner for a year now on my '15 Sierra. Looks like it did from day one. Been very durable, hasn't faded, and has a lifetime warranty. Cost me $465 +tax for a standard bed. Rhino option was the same price from a different shop, but only warrantied for 3 years.

And every single one will have different versions of liner...I went with a Rhinoliner "Hardliner" and while it shows wear, I've abused it. I've hauled a lot of firewood, a lot of heavy truck and tractor parts, landscape supplies, etc.

They also have a real soft grippy liner that they didn't recommend for a bed but use on interiors of things like Jeeps.

Mine is faded, after five years. It's held up very well...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Had Line-X on previous truck. After 10 years, it had faded but not bad. No damage after hauling lots of gear and remodeling materials.

Called to price for my new truck. Price has only gone up $50 since 2003. Unless you want color matched and "top of the line", the installer suggested base level if you use it as a truck, as other options will get scuffed and look the same over time.

Archived