Handgun holder

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen several magnetic mounts which I'm not a fan of since there's just too much in the way of electronics in the truck. Also not a fan of the steering column mounts since those are technically crash parts and I don't want my knees going into whatever I'm carrying. Best solution I've seen are the holsters or pouches that mount to the front of the seat cushion. Or a cross draw holster if you want to keep it on your person.

Anybody have any cool mods to hold my M&p shield while driving, but yet kind of concealed? It's uncomfortable and not time efficient to draw from the waist from sitting position.

I switched to the Inside the waistband appendix position. Good holster options and can be utilized in the vehicle.

If you are going to store in the vehicle check out the link above. Nice discussion on the subject

It's uncomfortable and not time efficient to draw from the waist from sitting position.

?? you know this because you frequently have to draw your weapon while sitting in the driver's seat?

I got my CCW permit 2 years ago and have yet to need to use it while I'm driving. When I transport it, I throw it inside the bottom compartment of the jump seat. I want it out of sight if I stop and go into a store. and it takes about 2 seconds to grab out of there.

?? you know this because you frequently have to draw your weapon while sitting in the driver's seat?

I got my CCW permit 2 years ago and have yet to need to use it while I'm driving. When I transport it, I throw it inside the bottom compartment of the jump seat. I want it out of sight if I stop and go into a store. and it takes about 2 seconds to grab out of there.

True but it's just something I would like to have, that's it.

I've seen several magnetic mounts which I'm not a fan of since there's just too much in the way of electronics in the truck. Also not a fan of the steering column mounts since those are technically crash parts and I don't want my knees going into whatever I'm carrying. Best solution I've seen are the holsters or pouches that mount to the front of the seat cushion. Or a cross draw holster if you want to keep it on your person.

The holster in front of the cushion is what I had in mind. Any good brands that you can recommend?

Thank you for asking this question! I understand the need to transport a gun or rifle for sporting events but carrying a loafed gun ready to use is scary!

What the point in carrying a firearm if it's not readily available? Something can go down in just a few seconds, I want to be able to access my firearm as fast as possible. I always keep one in the chamber while carrying as well, why have to load the gun if you get into a situation where you need it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The holster in front of the cushion is what I had in mind. Any good brands that you can recommend?

I've yet to see anything I really like. Some seat covers have it and I've seen one style that has a strap across the cushion that seems like it'd be uncomfortable.

Archived