Power antenna??

Anyone rig up a power antenna yet? With all the other things everyone has done to their trucks...someone here has at least looked into doing this.

And yes, I have searched for this topic..a few threads come up, but only one person asking about the same thing and no response. Soo...if I've missed it somewhere, just point me in that direction.

Do neither of those. Relocate the factory one.

I will take pics tonight, but it was fairly easy.

1) Unscrew antenna

2) pop off plastic cover

3) unbolt 3 small bolts holding antenna on

4) find antenna wire and pop off grey wire retainer from truck (be careful not to pull out antenna wire from antenna base)

5) route antenna base near fender

6) Take small round grommet from bed and place in hole of plastic cover

7) Re-attach antenna, place bolts into 3 holes, attach plastic cover

8) zip tie antenna to inner fender (I will take pics to show how I routed)

and can always put back to OEM if reception does change, but I haven't noticed any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c67c31f4fc5b63477387fd287ac22693.jpgdc647db9ec5e298257ae8c87a9892ce2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of folk just install a shorter one. AntennaX is a popular choice. Power antenna is very...1960s-1980s.

Yeah, but how cool were the 80s??

Actually, I was wondering because I don't care for the idea of tie wrapping the existing under the hood and not a huge fan of the shorter one.

If I recall correctly, my 80's GM trucks had the antenna's integrated into the windshield. My 90 Cadillac had a power antenna! I think this is a great idea for those needing to shorten or hide their antenna. There is probably aftermarket versions online but you could possibly find a power antenna assembly at an auto salvage yard.

Archived