2016 Silverado Starter Sticking

Are you sure it's the starter sticking and not another noise your hearing. A starter sticking for 3 seconds would be VERY loud and would probably not last for long like that until the teeth wear off or break.

Are you sure your not hearing something else, like maybe a "raspy" pump sound. The oil pump will make a raspy sound upon cold start up, from air trapped in the system from normal drain back...Per GM

If you're sure it's the starter, I don't know what to say, I haven't seen any complaints on that yet.

Are you sure it's the starter sticking and not another noise your hearing. A starter sticking for 3 seconds would be VERY loud and would probably not last for long like that until the teeth wear off or break.

Are you sure your not hearing something else, like maybe a "raspy" pump sound. The oil pump will make a raspy sound upon cold start up, from air trapped in the system from normal drain back...Per GM

If you're sure it's the starter, I don't know what to say, I haven't seen any complaints on that yet.

Yeah it's pretty raspy alright. I'll try and get a video and post it here. 3 seconds is probably an exaggerated on my behalf.

Sounds terrible though!!

Yeah it's pretty raspy alright. I'll try and get a video and post it here. 3 seconds is probably an exaggerated on my behalf.

Sounds terrible though!!

So are you saying it's definitely the starter or do you think it may be something else; like I mentioned about the oil pump.

Check out this link, read the bottom part of the page about the oil pump....Is that what you're hearing???

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3134

So are you saying it's definitely the starter or do you think it may be something else; like I mentioned about the oil pump.

Check out this link, read the bottom part of the page about the oil pump....Is that what you're hearing???http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3134

Yeah, I only hear it on remote start. It definitely appears to be the oil pump purge and not the starter.

I'll try and take a video anyways!

Thanks!!

Archived