Where do you look up e85 Stations?

sdeeter19555

I've done a search and didn't find an answer here or on Google that was solid.

I know there are e85 stations around here, and I know I've seen people post good links for finding stations. I've dropped my zip code into several and none of them are consistent.

So my question is, where do you look to find a comprehensive list of stations in your area?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you are in Reading, PA then there are not going to be very many in your neck of the woods.

http://www.e85locator.net/

http://www.ethanolretailer.com/

See, I looked at both of those and neither shows a station in Exton (where I work, albeit fairly out of the way). There is also one (or was one) in Morgantown, off from the turnpike...and that one doesn't show either.

If they want the public to use e85, you would think it would be easier to find a station?

Your fuel prices are poo poo up there right now. Your regular is more than diesel down here. Also why is e85 more expensive than regular? Here it is cheaper than regular, aren't ya'll closer to the corn belt, think it would be cheaper just from that. Maybe the pipeline from Tampa Bay makes ours cheaper...

I use the Alt Fuel app on my iPhone. The closest E85 outlets I find to Reading is 1 in Harrisburg and 2 in Allentown. Allentown was showing $2.69 1 hr ago. That is criminal and not worth it. It is $1.69 near me and I have a dozen locations within 40 miles of me. The only way using E85 is viable is when the price spread is 60-70 cents less than E10. That only seems to be the case in the midwest where the bulk of the ethanol plants are located.

Everyday driving with E85 has never sucked for me. The engine actually seems to be a little more responsive. For the 5.3L, on the stock dyno charts, E85 adds a few more HP and Torque with no modifications. Can't say it does the same with other flex fuel engines in the stable. Does great in my 6.0L 2500 when I have used it. Mileage does suck, but when the price spread is there, it can actually be lower cost per mile to use. With price spreads in your area.... I would just forget it.

• 2 months later...

Are you guys seeing any electric charging stations in the USA! Starting to see them here in southern Alberta in a few places! The ones I have seen all say Tesla on them. Seeing them at malls mostly!

Are you guys seeing any electric charging stations in the USA! Starting to see them here in southern Alberta in a few places! The ones I have seen all say Tesla on them. Seeing them at malls mostly!

Yeah, all the New England states have them.

I live too rural to see anything like that. Made my once in every few years trek to a mall to go to the Apple Store to get my laptop repaired. The experience of going thru that route was enough to cause me to consider just buying a new laptop next time instead of doing the mall thing again.

Archived