2017 Max Trailering Built to Order

You should look at the GM mats, I have the weather techs and wish I just got the new GM ones, we have them in our Acadia and they are just as nice if not better than weather techs. I also have the tri fold cover from GM and it's fairly easily to take off but folds into thirds for smaller loads.

Wonder if the GM floor liners cover the back fully under the seats too. That's the style I want - WeatherTech has two rear liner sizes.

The soft tri-fold GM bed cover does look good. I know a guy who always gets the soft tri-fold Extang canvas version, leaning towards that:

http://www.extang.com/trifecta-signature-pickup-truck-soft-tri-fold-tonneau-covers.html

:flag:

Edited by Krusty

I have a 2016 ltz crew cab 6.2l max tow and I love it!

Those of you wife Max Tow - Do they ride just as good empty as a non max tow rig? What's the max tongue weight you have run without needing an equalizer weight distributing hitch?

Those of you wife Max Tow - Do they ride just as good empty as a non max tow rig? What's the max tongue weight you have run without needing an equalizer weight distributing hitch?

I have the gmc slt max tow with the 6.2 and it rides great empty, here the part were all the comments will start, I tow a 9999lb fifth wheel with it and it tows it great. Before anybody jumps on me I'm under all my weights except the cargo capacity and I'm over that by 150lbs so I don't thing its that bad. And I have added nothing to the truck except higher load range tires.

I have the gmc slt max tow with the 6.2 and it rides great empty, here the part were all the comments will start, I tow a 9999lb fifth wheel with it and it tows it great. Before anybody jumps on me I'm under all my weights except the cargo capacity and I'm over that by 150lbs so I don't thing its that bad. And I have added nothing to the truck except higher load range tires.

Love to see a picture of you combo hooked up. Max Tow maxed out.........

:driving:

• Like 2

This is exactly the info I was looking for. I posted last week to try and find someone who is doing exactly this as I'm ordering a max tow myself. Stay away from the RV forums as they think you need a 3500 dually to tow a 15 foot boat . If you don't mind I will pm you to ask some questions about your hitch etc.

It rides really good. I can't tell a noticeable difference. I believe any tongue weight over 400lbs you're supposed to use a weight distributing hitch according to the manual iirc. Although I pull a 9600lb trailer without the weight distributing hitch, and it does just fine.

Deposit placed today 1/24/17........ We will see how the factory order timeline goes. Can't wait for the :pimp: new ride......

Now to look into WeatherTech floor liners, and some kind of bed cover that is easily removable. Don't think the rig will "need" much else ............

Get ready to hurry up and wait. I ordered my 17 6.2 Max tow on 11/3/16, originally had a TPW of 1/9/17 but got pushed back to 1/30/17 we shall see if it actually gets built next week. The lease is up on my 14 the beginning of April so hopefully they won't push it back any further or I am going to be out of wiggle room. My salesman originally figured I would have had it before the end of the year LOL. My 14 took 16 weeks from order to delivery.

Patience grasshopper.....

The owners manual does cover 5th wheel hitch recommendations for the 1500 I see..........

Also see here and click on the trailering guide which can be printed (print in landscape mode unless you have real good vision):

http://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/why-tongue-weight-is-important-for-safe-towing.html

Edited by Krusty

The 2007.5 Duramax sold today to a good home. The retired couple were towing a 10,000 pound boat with a 2004 2500 6.0L. The G80 Locker and the torque of the Duramax will help yard that boat out of the water - and up those hills.......

The 2007.5 Duramax sold today to a good home. The retired couple were towing a 10,000 pound boat with a 2004 gas burner 2500 6.0L. The G80 Locker and the torque of the Duramax will help yard that boat out of the water - and up those hills.......

Great video demonstrating how the G80 Locker rear differential option performs:

Edited by Krusty