2017 chevy duramax Oem ram air hood on 2016

Looks great, Anthony. Good job. Sort of wish I could un-see it, and on a white truck. Ack, 2 grand for a hood.

Thanks , lol sorry ....once I saw if I had to totally changes the truck have no idea why Chevy wouldn't do this to both even just looks wise

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

They look really bad ass!  

If I were putting this on my gasser I might just block the scoop off and not mess with the underside ducting.  The stock intake breathes more air that the engine can use.  Unless you add forced induction there is no need for increased air flow.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys & gals. Kinda new here, & I see the post is older, but sure it doesn't hurt to learn more. So just over a month ago I had a 19-20 something year old jump 3 lanes of traffic & slammed me head on......... Since I bought this truck about a year ago, I've been looking on this site & others to see what people are doing, what works & what doesn't. When I saw the pic of the 2 door silver Sierra with the hood done on it, I knew I was ganna do it, saving my cash & then the accident happened, so I spoke to the shop owner & he agreed (since the cost was about the same) that he'd do the "Ram-Air" style  hood for me.... Well got to tell u guys I didn't know (since he never told me or asked me if he could do this other stuff to it & just did it anyway) the shop owner did a 2019 Frontend Conversion to my 2015 Denali..... This is by far that one time you don't mind a shop did other stuff & didn't ask/tell u..... So I'll throw a pic up the day I bought her & the day they finished the work. You all can judge & let me know what u all think? Enjoy.....

Message_1519664873615.jpg

557946923.jpg

Edited by Jay's Denali
Mispelled Words
  • Like 3

Wow & I thought no one else had the Iridium Platinum Metallic? Love the color myself, what made me buy this truck, I wanted to always to that "chameleon" paint job, but with this don't have to, it changes color with the light changing or even a diff angle of view..... I'm waiting on the darn Insurance company to get off their backside (if ya know what I mean) to ok the job as done & I get my truck back..... It's been done for a week now & I'm kinda getting upset with State Farm...... But soon as she's back, I'm gonna take a ton of pics...... LOL. Will def post them...... And TY for telling me it looks great, have been getting compliments on it all week..... But to see it in person. ..... Pictures don't to her the right justice...... It looks way better in real life.....:seeya:

And mine isn't even a 2500.... It's a 1500 Denali with a 2019 frontend conversion & the 2500 hood of course. But this also shows that it can be done to an older Sierra..... U can do just the hood if people want to, or even the whole frontend...... So I hope by me doing this everyone can see & have no doubts about IF it can be done..... :cool:

On 9/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, Jay's Denali said:

Wow & I thought no one else had the Iridium Platinum Metallic? Love the color myself, what made me buy this truck, I wanted to always to that "chameleon" paint job, but with this don't have to, it changes color with the light changing or even a diff angle of view..... I'm waiting on the darn Insurance company to get off their backside (if ya know what I mean) to ok the job as done & I get my truck back..... It's been done for a week now & I'm kinda getting upset with State Farm...... But soon as she's back, I'm gonna take a ton of pics...... LOL. Will def post them...... And TY for telling me it looks great, have been getting compliments on it all week..... But to see it in person. ..... Pictures don't to her the right justice...... It looks way better in real life.....:seeya:

no man. the gray is a great color for our trucks!!