New 2016 Suburban LTZ

New to forum - just purchased a 2016 Suburban LTZ 4WD. Previous vehicle was a 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser. Had two previous LC's so going with a Suburban was a big change, literally and figuratively! Changes so far are tinted windows (tinted all rear windows on top of factory tint), just got Range AFM disabler and Flowmaster 70 series is on order. Oh, also gave her a good wax, Liquid Glass, best stuff on the market!

Got a tremendous deal; saved over $15k on sticker and got a great value on trade in. End of the year I guess. I will miss my LC but really like the looks and options on the Suburban. The LC was reliable but had issues. Don't let others tell you otherwise. My LC had to have it's 4 wheel differential replaced at about 160,000 - at a cost of $4k. It also had water issues coming in thru the 3rd tail light as well as wear and tear issues that I would not have expected for this model. I had a 99 LC as well that held up really well (~285K miles with no issues). I saw areas that Toyota went cheap on the 07 vs the 99....

In any event looking forward to owning the Suburban. I did see a lot of web links talking about reliability issues on Suburban but not on the Tahoe. Not sure why Suburban is worse than Tahoe since they are so similar in features electrically and mechanically. The forum for LC's was really good so I hope I can contribute as well as get same on this forum.

post-168219-0-92882600-1485205476_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Welcome!

We also picked up a 2016 Suburban. Love it, but having MyLink issues. Like today, the display went blank the radio played but could not be controlled by the dash controls, only the steering wheel controls and only volume and channel. It finally went to a screen stating it was waiting to update. It didn't come back on until 2 hrs later and several times getting in and out of the vehicle. It was a pain not having the back up camera, especially in some of the tight parking lots we were in. Got use to that feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the new truck! I have a 15' suburban LTZ with 85,000 miles and we haven't had a single problem with it yet! Enjoy the new ride :driving::chevrolet:

Looks awesome! We just got my wife a 16 Denali XL and I put the same rims on it you have. It looks great in my opinion!

Got any pictures of them on the Denali? I am wanting this rim for my Denali as well. Would be great to see some pictures if you have them.

Welcome!

We also picked up a 2016 Suburban. Love it, but having MyLink issues. Like today, the display went blank the radio played but could not be controlled by the dash controls, only the steering wheel controls and only volume and channel. It finally went to a screen stating it was waiting to update. It didn't come back on until 2 hrs later and several times getting in and out of the vehicle. It was a pain not having the back up camera, especially in some of the tight parking lots we were in. Got use to that feature.

I have a 2016 Suburban as well. I have had a similar issue. My screen did not go blank, but it stayed on the same screen. I could only control it with the dash controls. It took 5 or 6 getting out of truck, locking, unlocking, turning truck on, driving, parking, turning truck off, locking again before it worked again. Took it to the dealership and they could find nothing wrong.

I have a 2016 Suburban as well. I have had a similar issue. My screen did not go blank, but it stayed on the same screen. I could only control it with the dash controls. It took 5 or 6 getting out of truck, locking, unlocking, turning truck on, driving, parking, turning truck off, locking again before it worked again. Took it to the dealership and they could find nothing wrong.

Well they updated ours and it seemed to work fine but now when you put it in park the MyLink screen goes to the Home screen. Never did that before. Also it still doesn't follow the channel changing like it should when you use the steering wheel controls. Got to love electronics.

• 2 weeks later...

New to forum - just purchased a 2016 Suburban LTZ 4WD. Previous vehicle was a 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser. Had two previous LC's so going with a Suburban was a big change, literally and figuratively! Changes so far are tinted windows (tinted all rear windows on top of factory tint), just got Range AFM disabler and Flowmaster 70 series is on order. Oh, also gave her a good wax, Liquid Glass, best stuff on the market!

Got a tremendous deal; saved over $15k on sticker and got a great value on trade in. End of the year I guess. I will miss my LC but really like the looks and options on the Suburban. The LC was reliable but had issues. Don't let others tell you otherwise. My LC had to have it's 4 wheel differential replaced at about 160,000 - at a cost of $4k. It also had water issues coming in thru the 3rd tail light as well as wear and tear issues that I would not have expected for this model. I had a 99 LC as well that held up really well (~285K miles with no issues). I saw areas that Toyota went cheap on the 07 vs the 99....

In any event looking forward to owning the Suburban. I did see a lot of web links talking about reliability issues on Suburban but not on the Tahoe. Not sure why Suburban is worse than Tahoe since they are so similar in features electrically and mechanically. The forum for LC's was really good so I hope I can contribute as well as get same on this forum.

Get that Flowmaster 70 on yet - how did it change things up? What engine you runnin'?

Get that Flowmaster 70 on yet - how did it change things up? What engine you runnin'?

I did not. I sold the Suburban. Was in the shop 1/2 the time I owned it and I only owned it for 3 months. Was lucky to get out what I had in it.

• 2 weeks later...

15k off sticker, thats practically a steal! Hope you have fun with it

• 1 month later...

Archived