2016 Chevy 2500hd 6.0 5.4mpg

I have a 2016 Chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0 4.10gears and just recently have notice a dramatic drop in mpg I was averaging 10 in the city driving now lately I'm between 5 and 7 ??? I installed a k&n intake and jet mass flow air sensor recently.

Today was the worst I work 2 jobs back to back I passed out in the truck for a couple of hours this morning with it running and heat on woke up to 4.7 mpg average drove the truck around and can not seem to claw my way out of the 7s mpg.

If anyone has had or is having this issue would appericate some help .

Next step is throw all the stock stuff back on and run it back to the dealer. I doubt that the intake or Mass flow air sensor would do anything other then slightly boost mpg ( could be wrong ) but don't want to give the dealer any reason to try and void the warranty.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated

Idling time on these trucks seems to drain the gas. Give it some time and I'll bet the MPGs work their way back up. I wouldn't react now, just give a few days or so.

I was wondering the same thing honestly, I removed the mass flow air sensor and put the stock one back in. But going to stop sleeping in the truck with it running and see , it is just really driving me nuts , I had a 2015 dbl cab that had insane mileage was getting 21mpg highway don't know what was with that truck but was great maybe it was the 18inch tires opposed to the 20s on this one

I don't mean to be rude or anything.....

The reason you are getting worse fuel economy in your 2016 versus your 2015 is because your 2015 was a 1500. With a 5.3L in it. likely.
Now your driving a truck that weighs about 2000lbs more, and its got a 6.0L in it. An engine that produces a **** tonne of power when tuned then the 5.3L, It's geared low to tow (3.53 better) and on top of ALL of that 6.0L is a Thirsty some-bitch.
The 6L always HAS BEEN. You would have been better off with a D-max..

The reason your average fuel economy is dropping is because of idle time. Yes. I agree.
The fuel economy is a division of fuel consumed over distance traveled.
The average economy is fuel consumed over distance traveled plus idle time.

6.0L = Thirsty B-otch. You need a big sticker on the back window that says Sponsored by Keystone Ltd.

Don't mess with it anymore. Okay? Is that cool? Theres nothing wrong with the MAF. Just Drive the truck bro. Give it time to be reliable, relax.
Then when its not your bread and butter.. THEN turn it into a million dollar sled pullin 1500HP wild whip of the dirt.. an You TUBE that $hit..

peace.

The reason you are getting worse fuel economy in your 2016 versus your 2015 is because your 2015 was a 1500. With a 5.3L in it. likely.

Now your driving a truck that weighs about 2000lbs more, and its got a 6.0L in it. An engine that produces a **** tonne of power when tuned then the 5.3L, It's geared low to tow (3.53 better) and on top of ALL of that 6.0L is a Thirsty some-bitch.

The reason your average fuel economy is dropping is because of idle time. Yes. I agree.

6.0L = Thirsty B-otch. You need a big sticker on the back window that says Sponsored by Keystone Ltd.

Don't mess with it anymore. Okay? Is that cool? Theres nothing wrong with the MAF. Just Drive the truck bro. Give it time to be reliable, relax.

Then when its not your bread and butter.. THEN turn it into a million dollar sled pullin 1500HP wild whip of the dirt.. an You TUBE that $hit..

peace.

peace.

Never had a 1500 series bud the 15 was a 2500 as well there for didn't feel the need to specify that, just saying

Obviously 5.3 1500 would get better mpg then a 2500 6.0

Put the stock maf back on. There is no gain with a maf. That and idle time are both hurting mileage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That we did we back up in the 11 12 mpg... unfortunately lesson learned on that MFA sensor and for the passed 2 days haven't done any excessive idling with the truck seems that was the issue... and jet got back to me and said some trucks with cold air intakes combined with the mass flow sensor where getting lean Condition.

So now it's just the k & N I'm the future is the tune n that will be all thanks for the responses guys greatly appreciate it

Just for comparison, I have a midsize SUV that adverages 25 MPG till DEC. now adverages around 20-22, why you ask remote start and warm up time. Reset your fuel milage indicator every time you drive to track your mileage to eleminate idle time.

dump the maf, and cold air intake..if your on a stock tune its just going to freak the computer out.

my 2016 6.0 gets ehh about 9-10 in town with it being 10F after idleing in excess. warmer months i was pulling 12 in town and 18-21ish on the highway.

dump the maf, and cold air intake..if your on a stock tune its just going to freak the computer out.

That's next step right now I'm at 10 so it's basically the same

my 2016 6.0 gets ehh about 9-10 in town with it being 10F after idleing in excess. warmer months i was pulling 12 in town and 18-21ish on the highway.

Archived