Fan noise after cabin filter replaced

Just had my cabin air filter replaced yesterday. Now when the fan is turned up high I have a loud and distinct whirring noise that's super annoying. Before you just heard air rushing but no fan noise. I'll be taking it back after work but just wondering if anyone had any ideas why I would be hearing this now. Tech put the filter in wrong or forgot to close something up?

The wifes car has a cabin filter. To expensive for a new one IMO unless allergies are a factor. I bought some filter media and cut my own, way cheaper and better air flow. I think the cabin filters are to restrictive, more like an air cleaner filter for a motor.

A leaf or some debris fell into the fan when he removed the filter. Happens all the time with the filter / fan design.

Easy enough to access the fan I can get to it myself or bring it back and the tech can get to it without tearing everything apart?

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older post. Sorry. Anyone have an easy way to clean the crap out of the fan? I changed my cabin filter, and I now have the same issue.

My Shop-Vac crevice tool barely fits into the slot, but it didn't have enough suction to get out whatever fell into the fan. I can JUST feel the fan w/ my fingertips, but I can't feel anything in it.

I'll have to investigate further. Thanks!

The wifes car has a cabin filter. To expensive for a new one IMO unless allergies are a factor. I bought some filter media and cut my own, way cheaper and better air flow. I think the cabin filters are to restrictive, more like an air cleaner filter for a motor.

What did you use to do this. Curious as I agree the airspeed I think could be better. Especially for my ac.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

All you have to do is take out like 4 screws holding the fan in place in the passenger footwell. I had to do this last time I replaced it. One leaf was causing the noise. I only replaced 3 of the screws because one was at a weird angle and stripped the head of it.