Swap out seats

Is it possible to swap out cloth non heated seats from my 2014 silverado WT2 for leather heated seats? I know my truck isn't set up for heat and I could careless if I even hook that up. I'm just looking to swap the cloth out for leather and be able to keep the power to them. Just worries about the air bag, any info wild be helpful.

Well I could get the entire inside of an LTZ for under $1000 CAD(including centre Console). This is why I'm asking as I'm for sure swaping out Console but if they is any way at all to make swaping seats out work.. I'd love to do it for as cheap as I can.

Also, how much for the leather katskin leather kit for the 2014 Silverado crew cabs?

• Like 1

Well I could get the entire inside of an LTZ for under $1000 CAD(including centre Console). This is why I'm asking as I'm for sure swaping out Console but if they is any way at all to make swaping seats out work.. I'd love to do it for as cheap as I can.

Also, how much for the leather katskin leather kit for the 2014 Silverado crew cabs?

They will work

So there's a plug for the power on them? Then a separate plug on them for the heated seat part? Your sure there would be no issue with the air bags or seat belts?

I hope your right as my truck is about to go through a huge transformation as I want to do this then add the 2014 GMC Sierra Denali cluster along with a 8" screen. Got people ready to do that just wanna ensure I can swap the seating.

Can someone please help me with this, I have until tomorrow to make the choice to buy the interior. I have a chance to create one hell of a WT truck, but need to confirm these LTZ seats will work and they have same airbag lay out?

Thank you for replying, so as far as schematics go it should be fine?

I'm in a tight spot as I can't just go look at the connections or anything due to being up north working, so thank you for the help.

Good luck with your project. I would also check with GM customer services technical advice for their response. I am curious as to why you would ask the question. I would have gone ahead with the deal without imagining a problem! Have you read somewhere that seats are not interchangeable?

Thank you for replying, so as far as schematics go it should be fine?

I'm in a tight spot as I can't just go look at the connections or anything due to being up north working, so thank you for the help.

You'll want to check the X310 connector and look at pins. This is the main harness that the seat harness connects to and goes forward to various locations for the connections.

When I was looking for a dome lamp circuit under the seat, in my 2016 LT, the Upfitter guide showed this signal present but my harness wasn't loaded for it.

In the 2016 Guide, it shows connection locations for the seat heater, power seat adjustments, etc.

a3b0d6bac33b8c711338305865d07002.jpg

5cf761118af90da5376bebdb1eff5c27.jpg

For 2014, unfortunately, the Upfitter guide is a MUCH smaller guide (254 pages instead of 1500 pages for 2016-2017). There is not much references to this connector in the 2014 Upfitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa

Since the guy said if it doesn't work I can bring them back.. I'm for sure going to attempt to put the LTZ leather seats in the WT. I'm for sure adding the centre console as I know that will be fine. With the rubber black floor, jet black interior and a white accent dip for all moulding.. I think this WT is going to be one amazing looking truck.

I'll be starting a build thread for it as soon as I go on days off as I already have rims, tires, tonneau cover, cold air intake, running boards HIDs, 40" light bar(behind grill) ordered.

I have lots more work to be done to it after this but I'll be nick naming this "Western Edition".

The only thing I can't make my mind up about is if I should put the Additive desert chase rack on or not as I can get bran new for $1000CAD right now.. can't make up my mind by the slightest for this.

The only thing I can't make my mind up about is if I should put the Additive desert chase rack on or not as I can get bran new for $1000CAD right now.. can't make up my mind by the slightest for this.

Is this what you are referring to? http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/196372-sport-bar-pros-and-cons If so, then I think you can get a better price.