Gas Tank survey for the XL

So 2016 Yukon XL Denali. So I have the digital DIC.

Truck did something odd today. I got the low fuel notification at a 1/4 tank which it's never done before.

Turned the truck off, ran an errand, and came back to the truck and no low fuel indicator again until the needle was closer to the E. Which is normal.

Anyone experience this.

The "long wheelbase" XL, Suburban has a 31.5 gallon tank.

I'm just wondering...

1) When does everyone else's low fuel indicator turn on?

And...

2) from the needle at the E, how many gallons does I take you to fill up?

Mine was just at the E and it took 26.6 gallons.

Is that pretty normal?

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider it an odd event, or that the sender unit just hung up on the rod. If it keeps happening maybe check with dealer to see if there is a TSB. This did happen with the C6 corvette and there was a cause and fix from GM. But a one-time event I would just monitor it.

On my 07 Denali XL there was a Fuel Used readout in the DIC. On my '17 XL Denali there no longer is this readout. I did notice that feature on a '16 I test drive. Am I missing something on my DIC setup or did GMC get rid of this feature. It seems to me the most important feature. You know your tank holds 31.5 gallons and the fuel used tells you how much you have burned, no need to panic with the low fuel gauge if you know how many gallons used!

• 3 weeks later...

On my 07 Denali XL there was a Fuel Used readout in the DIC. On my '17 XL Denali there no longer is this readout. I did notice that feature on a '16 I test drive. Am I missing something on my DIC setup or did GMC get rid of this feature. It seems to me the most important feature. You know your tank holds 31.5 gallons and the fuel used tells you how much you have burned, no need to panic with the low fuel gauge if you know how many gallons used!

Mine has the digital DIC with/HUD but assume the standard is similar. Fuel used is there, you just have to go in and configure the display to show it.

Mine has the digital DIC with/HUD but assume the standard is similar. Fuel used is there, you just have to go in and configure the display to show it.

But yours is a '16. Pretty sure they changed it for '17's unless somebody can tell me otherwise. I wish It was there, i think it is the most valuable measurement. Gallons used will let me know better than the gauge how much I have left.

But yours is a '16. Pretty sure they changed it for '17's unless somebody can tell me otherwise. I wish It was there, i think it is the most valuable measurement. Gallons used will let me know better than the gauge how much I have left.

Here is where I found it on mine... press the left button on the right side of the steering wheel on go down to settings.

IMG_4809%20%282%29.jpg

Down to where it lists pages and press right.

IMG_4812%20%282%29.jpg

This is where you activate and deactivate what information is shown as you scroll through the DIS readouts.

IMG_4814%20%282%29.jpg

The speed limit is great with the HUD. Displays the speed limit below your actual speed.

Here is where I found it on mine... press the left button on the right side of the steering wheel on go down to settings.

IMG_4809%20(2).jpg

Down to where it lists pages and press right.

IMG_4812%20(2).jpg

This is where you activate and deactivate what information is shown as you scroll through the DIS readouts.

IMG_4814%20(2).jpg

The speed limit is great with the HUD. Displays the speed limit below your actual speed.

I appreciate your help but it's not there, already tried that. I do use the speed limit on the hud (has yet to help,drive at the limit, )

Strange they would remove it.

Very strange indeed but it's not there. Only timer. I asked a SA and he said the did away with it. I can't imagine why because it seemed like a valuable function.

Archived