2016 HD Chrome peeling off steps

The chrome on my running boards is peeling off in huge chunks on my 2016 HD Denali in less than 10k miles. Is this covered under bumper to bumper? Very disappointed with crap like this.

Perfect timing for this post. I noticed a few pieces of chrome from mine in the fall after washing it. Then after a break in the weather the other day, I washed the truck again and ended up with a large area of the chrome peeled off. I took the truck into the dealer today and a new step is on order. I had factory steps on my '08 with no issues, so to have these getting torn up at just under a year and under 6k on the truck is frustrating.

I moved this to the appearance area so a wider audience could see it in case this is happening to others on both half ton's and 3/4's.

Edited by 99silveradoz71

I'm on my third truck with the chrome rectangular boards. No chrome issues on any of them.

(I was concerned about the first set, but after 5 years of SW Ont winter/salt/gravel roads they were still fine.)

• 3 years later...

Despite my post above, I later did have a set replaced under warranty.  Must have been on the 2016 truck.

Dealer said they had a bunch that they warrantied, and had them in stock.

I forget how many months and miles were on them.