[Photo Set] First Spy Shots of 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Zane

I wouldn't mind if they keep the hood aluminum and maybe the roof and tailgate . If I had my choice I would like to see composite bed and body panels. My 1999 Silverado sportside had it and never had to worry about rust or dents.

Toyota Tacoma has the composites. I had one. ONE of the reasons I got rid of it.

I would be for an aluminum hood, doors, fenders, roof and bed sides. Keep the bed steel lined.

I have a 99 Sierra Sportside, the outer bodywork is composite, the inner bed is steel. Opposite the taco.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toyota Tacoma has the composites. I had one. ONE of the reasons I got rid of it.

I would be for an aluminum hood, doors, fenders, roof and bed sides. Keep the bed steel lined.

What was wrong with the composite bed? Cracked?

I like how the Ridgeline has storage under the bed, otherwise steel + bedliner works just fine.

I believe after model year 2018 government mandated fuel mpg gets the screw tightened even harder on these trucks.If they can shed another few hundred pounds by more aluminum that will help. I will be surprised if their is not more or different power plant choice coming too.

That "dip" is one reason I did not purchase a Ford back when I did order my last new full size truck.

No dip for me.

Noticed this as well. Hate it...

Edit: Also noticed the second reg cab is an 8 lug 3/4 ton truck. Maybe testing a new engine and trans platform?

It looks like they will be using the same bed design for both Sierra and Silverado judging from the tail lights on the blue crew cab at the back. That one is Sierra style but the wheels are current gen Silverado. Maybe they were put on to throw people off and it's a Sierra truck or they figured cost effective to make both brands the same?

The rear door windows (on same truck) appear to be smaller than the current models perhaps giving the illusion of a bigger cab. The 4x4 logo is different too (placement and color).

It looks like they will be using the same bed design for both Sierra and Silverado judging from the tail lights on the blue crew cab at the back. That one is Sierra style but the wheels are current gen Silverado. Maybe they were put on to throw people off and it's a Sierra truck or they figured cost effective to make both brands the same?

The rear door windows (on same truck) appear to be smaller than the current models perhaps giving the illusion of a bigger cab. The 4x4 logo is different too (placement and color).

The blue trucks even the 2500 hidden in the background are likely support trucks. They aren't hiding those for a reason.

The camo says Ford styling which I hope is to just throw every one off. Imo current Ford's are some of the ugliest styling or there.

Looking more closely, the back window is covered up on the bottom to match the bottom line with the front door. The front window covering I bet is fake to make it look like Ford. That goes along with the rear cover that makes it look like Ford tail lights.

Find it hard to believe GM designers would make a truck that looks like a Ford from the side.

But I have NO Idea....

Archived