Wind noise

I get a lot of wind noise on all doors of my 2015 Silverado. The door seals have been replaced and no difference. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix for the issue?

My 2015 had terrible wind noise; on a windy day on the highway wind would blow right through the driver's side door and make a very loud screeching sound.

You can use sergical tubing inserted into the weather striping and a couple of other tricks.

I get a lot of wind noise on all doors of my 2015 Silverado. The door seals have been replaced and no difference. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix for the issue?

I assume your door seals were replaced by your gm dealer. What do they suggest? Wind noise is not a characteristic typical of these trucks. I would try another dealership for a second opinion. It is simply guessing on our part without seeing your truck or knowing the history!

If you have access to fog the interior you can proof the wind noise quite easily. I'll tell you now I have yet to own a single GM truck or SUV to date that didn't have wind noise issues off the showroom floor.

My 16 Sierra I'm in now failed the fog test miserable. Noticeable leaks at top of door front near the pillar bend on both driver and passenger side, and a large leak along the latch side on drivers side. Both rears leaked air along bottoms. I've come to resolve myself after the years and years of frustration with the dealers. I inject silicone into the hollow section of the seal. First thing I do after pulling in driveway.

Another known trick is to slip 1/4 diameter twine between the hollow portion and the outer flap. This was a common resolve in the SUV's and avalanche models back around 2007. It is invisible once installed and works really well not to mention its not messy.

I am wondering if air tight is the same thing as wind noise. I know that wind whistling through gaps causes noise, but I suspect you can have gaps that are protected from rushing air. I know it is healthy for your home to "breath" and I suspect the same applies to your cab. Even though my truck is exceptionally quiet, I suspect it would not pass a fog test. My door closes easily which is not always the case on an air tight vehicle.

I am wondering if air tight is the same thing as wind noise. I know that wind whistling through gaps causes noise, but I suspect you can have gaps that are protected from rushing air. I know it is healthy for your home to "breath" and I suspect the same applies to your cab. Even though my truck is exceptionally quiet, I suspect it would not pass a fog test. My door closes easily which is not always the case in on air tight vehicle.

On my 13 there were vents on the back of the cab, which many claimed were the cause of road noise getting into the cab. If your vents were ever closed off you would have to shut the door with greater pressure than with the vents open. Also you would hear your fan speed increase when you crack a window just a bit...

I haven't checked the back of my 14 but I have NO issues with it not being quite.

I have this problem and mine is a '15. Was heading up into the mountains and the ambient temp changed very quickly and I felt cold air slipping through either the window area or the door. I'm not 100% sure where it was coming from, but it was getting in. On another occasion, some guy driving a gross polluter was in front of me and the smell was making its way into the cab and I was recirculating the air.

My 2007 Dodge Magnum with 130k miles on it does a better job at this than my 15 Denali. Shame.

My 2016 has moderate wind noise mostly from the windows-driver and passenger. Annoying at higher speeds and the fan running makes it worse. Dealer tech agreed during a test ride but when I got it back they said seals and gaskets were good and it's normal said they test drove other new trucks and they had noise too. Typical GM/dealer "working as designed" excuse! I have experienced the same runaround from three dealers in my region and hints from service writer that the GM District Manager Aftersales sets the rules on what can be covered on "soft issues". In other words if it isn't broke it probably won't get fixed.

This may sound stupid but it worked for my, my sunroof had bad windnoise when I got the truck, a buddy said get a rag soak it with silicone spray and rub it into the weatherstripping. Amazingly it actually solved the problem

So I mine wind noise has gotten much worse over time. I want some of you guys to try this. With the door closed, stick a pen between the top of the door and the weather seal. See how far down you can drag until you get moderate resistance. The top of my door seems to not be sealing completely to the weather stripping and that is where the noise is coming from. I just want to see if anyone else is having the same issue. May need to bend the door back some, replace the weather stripping or maybe fill the weather stripping with a soft silicone to make it retain a thicker shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Archived