pole built garage

Potentially purchasing a property with a pole built garage. Have to get the dimensions but it looks to be around 26x26 with a 7 ft door. Looking to insulate & possibly paint the exterior. Any recommendations for paint? Also as far as insulating & finishing interior, what is the easiest cheapest way to do this?

I have a 24x32 pole barn. The previous owner used 3/4" foil coated foam sheets for the ceiling and 1/2" for the walls. I removed the foam from the walls and toe nailed 2x4s 24" OC into the horizontal boards that the steel panels attach to and the posts. Then, I put in 4"x24" roll insulation and covered it with 7/16" OSB. For the ceiling, I blew in about 6" of cellulose insulation on top of the foam sheets.

Also for the exterior I have been contemplating a few options. 1. Paint the existing metal and call it good. It is in good shape besides a panel or two that is ripped or dented. 2. Put new metal on and possibly use the current metal as a liner for the inside which I would end up painting white anyways. 3. Reside with vinyl and shingle roof. It would then match the home beings it is more of a residential detached garage.

If you live in the snow belt you should always check with the manufacturer of the roof trusses or a engineer/architect to verify if the weight of what you are adding to the ceiling will not compromise the structural integrity of the building.

• 3 months later...

Archived