GM takes man step to w whole new level

Hopefully that'll be an option only deal. Wouldn't want the extra weight of the design, potential rattles, leaks, or the look of the tailgate closed from the rear with another seam running across the middle of the door. I wonder where the bowtie will go.

I guess the old c-rails are really done.

the tailgate kept the truck stiffer in the old days.

The bed was part of the rail strength.

Remember driving a truck with one latch that you felt never needed to be used, and find the frame rail bent a few years later?

nice to see it..shows confidence in the framing and bed.

I'll still grunt and flop around to get in the back of my truck for the forseeable future. :)

I highly doubt that would be put into production. Humans will need to be able to bend their knees backwards to step up at that angle.

I think the drawing is deceiving. I'm assuming they will make a whole section from the center of the gate rotate down, then the step part will fold out. The guys leg is not going through the tailgate, but rather through a gap that he got from dropping the step down.

I don't want my gate to have all those gaps and seams. I'm glad I got a 2015, i will keep it until they come out with the next generation without the steps, lol.

I highly doubt that would be put into production. Humans will need to be able to bend their knees backwards to step up at that angle.

For some it's not that easy

After tearing my acl and having reconstructive surgery I added a drop step to my 2010. I think this is overboard as the bumper steps now are good enough for me.

Ryan B.

The last thing I want is more places for salt to sit in the tailgate of my truck. Just think about how hideous the tailgate will be now...

Edit: Question, what happens when you have your truck connected to a trailer, can you not open the tailgate?

Archived